Venture Surplus ad

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    My two favorite knives are both Christmas gifts from the BW. A Case Stockman is in my pocket if I have my pants on. She surprised me in 2020 with a Buck folder in a holster ala Charlie's (nice at a reasonable price, knife that is). I also have the requisite Spyderco from my cowboy days.
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have quite a few I carry on daily basis, that I rotate for carry.

One I started carrying about a month ago, is a pocket folder I found at Northern Tool & Equipment for $7. Yep, $7 is what I paid for it. So far, for just the general purposes of what most of us carry a pocketknife for, it is holding up pretty good.

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Striders.... too expensive for EDC for me... all knives are goooood!
    image.jpg

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I really like the honey badger knives I have bought. I have 3 so far.
    44be6f5da51d119478f89a34348e6183.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1086Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2021
    Houston
    I had a buck 110 auto that I thought was going to be the best knife ever, but I guess it had a bad heat treat. I'm back to a trusty Case trapper. I love Case's stainless. It may not hold an edge for the longest time compared to super steels, but I think its extremely easy to put a decent edge on. (Also, PSA, black automotive touch up paint makes a great filler and rust preventer for engraved logos on knives)

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    A funky green Spyderco Endura 4 with ziptie mod. Carried every day for 5+ years.
    View attachment 267946
    I love Spyderco. I have carried my Delica everyday for 3 years and now it is MIA..

I just ordered two Cold Steel Finn Wolf folders that are suppose to be awesome but I am going to be ordering another Spyderco very soon. Possibly a Dragonfly 2 or another Delica

Surferdaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    E7C31D13-30CD-49D1-AEBE-918C0E4BFC41.jpeg

All of these are at least some occasional pocket time. I’d say the 940 gets bout 70% of the nods, the ultratech gets 20%, the other ten probably split evenly between the para 3/zt 0450/zt 0350. That darn 940 is annoyingly good, it’s not my favorite aesthetically but it is good at almost everything and unnoticeable when carried.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I love Spyderco. I have carried my Delica everyday for 3 years and now it is MIA..

I just ordered two Cold Steel Finn Wolf folders that are suppose to be awesome but I am going to be ordering another Spyderco very soon. Possibly a Dragonfly 2 or another Delica
    Found my Delica. It was underneath the seat cushion on my couch lol. Here it is along with the Finnwolf
    0747932C-B8B9-496F-A420-33C645D9092C.jpeg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    View attachment 271269
    All of these are at least some occasional pocket time. I’d say the 940 gets bout 70% of the nods, the ultratech gets 20%, the other ten probably split evenly between the para 3/zt 0450/zt 0350. That darn 940 is annoyingly good, it’s not my favorite aesthetically but it is good at almost everything and unnoticeable when carried.
    What's that little chode bottom right?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Kersaw SS knife. Got it at Academy about 15 years ago, and it’s served me well as an EDC. Made in PRC is the only thing that bothers me about it.
    Well, after reading about some of these great knives y’all have been been using, I branched out and bought be a Spyderco Native 5 and a Benchmade Bugout. To be honest, I don’t really carry the Benchmade much at all. I mean it’s a good knife and all, but I find I like the Spyderco better. Just a lot easier to deploy with the thumb hole and the edge just doesn’t seem to dull. I do however like the lock better on the Benchmade

Reactions: MTA

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not sure what my favorite is, but after losing a $250 benchmade I've been carrying the Boker Kalash for several years. No complaints about it. Could use a sharpening after hacking through a spinal cord of a 9 pointer last year. Almost easier to just buy another.

Top Bottom