Capitol Armory ad

Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    All your knives are inferior to the greatness that is this. With this I can use the scissors to open a stubborn bag of chips, open a can of rotell for the queso, and uncork that bottle of wine for the lady:
    586054-2.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    All your knives are inferior to the greatness that is this. With this I can use the scissors to open a stubborn bag of chips, open a can of rotell for the queso, and uncork that bottle of wine for the lady:
    586054-2.jpg
    And whittle a stick to use as an actual weapon .... lol

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Boker plus strike
    Decent blade. Takes the sharpener good. Cheap so easily replaced. Better blade then Helly tec 420c. Although the Helly tec is still wicked
    eb114b8994e11ebcb85209b6ffa30de2.jpg

273f7bd0583dd91ea39a6123cdb36498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shellslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2017
    Do you guys have any recommendations on knives w/ a glass breaker tip on the bottom? Or is just simply better to carry a separate glass breaker?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't have one myself and I'm not sure about what knives that have the glass breaker feature, but I do know of people that carry the resqme on their key chains.

shellslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2017
    I don't have one myself and I'm not sure about what knives that have the glass breaker feature, but I do know of people that carry the resqme on their key chains.

Thanks for the suggestion for the Resqme. I'm going to pick one up and carry it. Yeah, I've been looking around the local Cabelas and some online stores and could not find it. I'm trying to keep my duty items as small as a package as I can.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks for the suggestion for the Resqme. I'm going to pick one up and carry it. Yeah, I've been looking around the local Cabelas and some online stores and could not find it. I'm trying to keep my duty items as small as a package as I can.
    You're welcome.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I don't know what line of work you're in, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry one like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BENCHMADE-9...959412?hash=item283b9edf34:g:Rw4AAOSwbmdZfMss

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Benchmade-T...513668?hash=item3d40b38c04:g:u9oAAOSw2iNZYSxh

I carry cheap, very slim Benchmade Ally knife with a glass breaker. I'm pretty hard on my work knives so I try for good consumable ones, I have two of these in rotation over the past 4 years and neither have let me down, yet one's getting a little looser.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    I've been carrying a Swiss Army knife of one model or another since 1969. A few other knives got tried for a short time then tossed, as they were just one trick ponies. I can't count the times I really needed to fix something afield and sometimes just having a screw driver did it. I don't bother with those "other" knives anymore.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Just got this one in the mail today. Didn't need it but I've had the itch for an Opinel for a while. This is the No. 8 "Garden" knife.

Opinel%20-%201.jpg

Opinel%20-%202.jpg

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I have a LOT of knives and generally carry one of the Benchmades..preferring the spring assisted or fully automatic models. Yesterday I went to a gunshow and picked up a used Buck folder (USA made) that caught my eye though. Nothing fancy...I paid a whole 10.00 for it, but it appealed to me. When I got home I got out a diamond stone to touch up the blade, and within a few minutes it would shave the hair off my arm. I guess it's going to get it's share of use by me!

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    The Opinel's are great knives. Cut like the dickens. I have a few that I carry now and then just because few knives cut to their level. Plus I love the old time funkyness of them.

16402557396_bae911b0fc.jpg

Top Bottom