Folders (folding knives). What's Your Favorite?

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Figured we need some more stickie'd pic threads! Considering knives seem to be in the news a bit more lately, figured we need some more stickie'd pic threads! For those that don't know, the recent HB1935 Texas Knife Law Reform Bill was just passed by the Texas Senate recently, so it's now off to the governor. Fingers crossed!

So what are your favorite folders? Post AS MANY pics as you'd like, as that's what this thread is for. If our luck holds true and the bill is signed by the governor, will you be making any changes in what type of folding knife you carry? What about a double-edged blade? How about a ridiculously long folder over the traditional 5.5" limit?

I'll start the thread with a pic of my favorite. It's the CRKT Otanashi Noh Ken (ONK), designed by James Williams. The best description I ever heard of it was, "It's a singular-purpose tool..." ;) I quite like that. This particular one is menacing in its appearance. The grip is abnormally long, which is great for dexterity and handling. The blade, in the fairly traditional, Japanese, osoraku style is very aggressive. Anyways, feast your eyes!

CRKT ONK.jpg

rman

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 7, 2015
Ft. Worth
love whatever kershaw I have.

needs to be
quad carry (i carry tip up)
frame lock
hinderer

mine was $20 or $30. Fast open, secure lock, soft enough to resharpen, cheap enough to lose or replace as needed.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

45tex

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 1, 2009
5 to 10 bucks each at a local auction. Usually the ones looking like this are from Pakistan. This is Chinese. Long slender blade of stainless, stainless and wood body. This one won't be carried as they failed to cut a notch in the blade for opening. Would have to carry pliers to open if in a hurry. Acts like a lock blade but isn't. No plastic or liner lock
2017-06-11 03.41.01.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
I am not a big knife guy. I always carry two and see their utility but by no means collect them or own high dollar versions.

I used to carry a CRKT M16 and really liked it. I lost it years ago and was at a big box hardware store and picked up what I thought was a temporary cheap replacement.

The replacement soon became my new favorite. This one was $15 and came with a folding drywall knife which is very handy also.

It has a serrated section, has a drop point, and is just the right thickness. All features I look for in a main pocket knife. Even for a cheap knife it holds an edge well, locks up tight, and the screws have never come loose.

My backup knife is a Leatherman Supertool and I will always have that handy too.

88612b1f06e65013b57ed0bd65a1db49.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jul 11, 2009
East Houston
I have several of the Applegate/Fairbairn knives from the full size to the Covert. The latest and favorite is the new model Covert assisted opening knife. It's very special as it was a gift from a dear friend.

Flash

easy rider

Spark Creator
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
large_26151_ZT0562CF-01.jpg

For me this has been the best folder I have owned. I carry it most everywhere. Easiest opening of any knife I've owned, as close to a switchblade as you can get and not be. Sharpens easy and keeps edge very well. Carbon fiber handle makes it very light.

Rebel

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 20, 2014
Work Knife: CRKT Rave
IMG_3329.JPG

Weekend Knife: Benchmade 154CM
IMG_3331.JPG

Support

Sponsors