• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Mess 1 is what started the ball rolling, without mess 1, him not literally pulling into the parking lot jumping out and yelling at the woman, and the odds that the boyfriend assaults him are pretty low.
    Guns International

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Mess 1 is what started the ball rolling, without mess 1, him not literally pulling into the parking lot jumping out and yelling at the woman, and the odds that the boyfriend assaults him are pretty low.
    So it is OK for the boyfriend to assault him?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So, the shooter initiated the mess, correct?
    I see what is sticking in your craw. I agree the shooter was an ars hole. Started an arguement with a lady in a car. There is no crime there. Except maybe disorderly conduct.

The problem the boyfriend has in being justified in his assault is he saw nothing that could be a threat requiring such a physical force response. Again stepping between the guy an car till he found out what was going on would be appropriate.

Again the testimony clearly says the old guy made no threat. Infact the girlfriend admitted she is the only one who made anything like a threat when she asked do I need to get my man out here.

A couple people said they would feel threatened by someone yelling at them. Great get a safe space and counselor if you cant deal with that but it is not in and of its self justification for using physical force. This is why the defense is ensuring everyone admits under oath they heard no threat. It breaks the chain, in their theory, that simply yelling at the girl justified the assault and negates his right to use deadly force to defend him self. Adding in the disparity issues

If it was simple wed all be playing lawyers on tv.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He pushed him away from his gf. If you came out of a store and saw a man in your woman's face screaming at her, what would be your immediate response?
    He did not push him away he blindsided him knocking him down then started to circle.

Yes if I saw this I would walk between or tell him to step back. As you suggest. What you suggest is reasonable under the circumstances and not an assault. What actually happened is different.

Weather it will be justified will be up to a jury. That's not how you want your use of force incidents to be decided is it.

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    I can see where he could have been justified in drawing, but shooting? No. the big guy actually takes a step back upon draw and there is a decent pause and then he fires. had big guy move toward him, maybe he can convince a jury he was in credible fear but when someone shoves you and just stands there, make it look 100% retaliatory.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    He did not push him away he blindsided him knocking him down then started to circle.

You must have seen a different video. I saw the shooter pushed down, then the victim stood motionless as he was shot. The victim actually moved back after the shooter drew his weapon. The victim made no further advances toward the shooter, nor did he draw a weapon.

Your personal bias against people who steal handicapped spots is showing in every one of your posts.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You must have seen a different video. I saw the shooter pushed down, then the victim stood motionless as he was shot. The victim made no further advances toward the shooter, nor did he draw a weapon.

Your personal bias against people who steal handicapped spots is showing in every one of your posts.

Yep I'm biased against handicapped spot stealers and a racist bastard. Lol you should ignore and discount everything I say. Especially since I'm no legal eagle.

Nice try.

You missed the part where it wasnt a legal handicap spot. And the part where I said I wouldnt act that way or be in that situation. I guess that ends my bias. Since I'm white I'm used to being called biased without justification.

ETA. The video looks like hundreds, yes I mean hundreds, of assault videos I've seen where people are pushed down and the attacker starts to angle for another shot. The fact that he realised he didnt have an easy victim upon seeing the gun was about the same time the guy started the motion or action to fire means nothing to the justification. There has to be enough time for the justified shooter to realise the threat changed.

Example, Case law all across the country has clearly said if a shooter is otherwise justified in using deadly force your getting shot in the back cause you break off your attack and start to turn or run only after you see the gun and this all happens in the same second or so the shooter is still justified because he didnt have time to process you're stopping your attack.

Is that what happened here? Only 6 peoples opinions matter, temporarily at least depending on appeal or mistrial, non of us are one of the 6.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Yep I'm a handicapped spot stealing racist bastard. Lol you should ignore and discount everything I say. Especially since I'm no legal eagle.

Nice try.

Uh, no. You told us you are handicapped and you hate people who park in those spots without authorization. But you can't shoot them, sorry.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No idea about Florida, but Texas doesn’t look to kindly upon escalation prior to the use of force. And the shooter undoubtedly escalated the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Uh, no. You told us you are handicapped and you hate people who park in those spots without authorization. But you can't shoot them, sorry.
    I really hate people failing at playing gotcha and try to put words in my mouth or read minds over the internet.

Just for the record, here's what I said.
    (quoted in the box below my comment) You failed at your ploy in epic fashion. I guess we could call it fake news but my comments arent news worthy and had nothing to do with non disabled using disabled spots rather misuse by disabled people.

ETA, I didn't say hate or mention/insinuate shooting or violence. Infact I think I said the exact opposite.

As for the disabled parking issue people should mind their own buisness. Pretty crappy to kill or get killed of such stupidity.

I'm disabled have plates and placard and still get yelled at by others who dont see it or think I dont look disabled enough. I dont stop to converse and depending on the level of ars hole I am feeling usually tell them to pull their head out or go self fornicate as they dont know what they are talking about and move on. I never stop to argue with them beyond that. It ain't worth the confrontation.

Beyond that my pet peeve is the disabled person driving their clearly not disabled friend and relative and takes up a spot then WAITS IN THE PHUKING CAR while the other person goes in. Followed closely by the person that will cut you off or race and damn near cause a wreck to get a space. Dont get me started on the supposed disabled person who takes up a spot at their place of employment while they work all day on their feet. I have to remind me self to mind my own buisness.

I dont know about texas but in AZ we have specially trained and legally certified volunteers who do nothing but disabled parking Enforcement. You want to see some blood sport watch a couple old folks argue over a ticket and weather it's legal etc. Its funny till they have their license and registration suspended cause they tore up the ticket. It costs them over a grand to get legal again. All they would have had to do was show their placard to get it dismissed or lowered to a small court costs fine

ETA. You dont have to admit your wrong or apologize but it would say loads about your character.

Ya I'm an arshole. Sorry. It's a personal trait I'm not proud of.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I really hate people failing at playing gotcha and try to put words in my mouth or read minds over the internet.

Just for the record, here's what I said.
    (quoted in the box below my comment) You failed at your ploy in epic fashion. I guess we could call it fake news but my comments arent news worthy and had nothing to do with non disabled using disabled spots rather misuse by disabled people.

th?id=OIP.jpg

Attachments

• th?id=OIP.jpg
      th?id=OIP.jpg
      25.4 KB · Views: 228

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Me too, and he needs a lawyer....
    Hes got one. If he gets off will you consider it justified?

While I think he could very well get off and a good case can be made for justified, I've used examples from testimony, I dont think he acted properly. I would never respond like that. Like I've said a hearty your number one as I walk away is all the responding to idiots I do.

Having to depend on a jury is not the way you want your decisions to be ruled good or bad.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hes got one. If he gets off will you consider it justified?

While I think he could very well get off and a good case can be made for justified, I've used examples from testimony, I dont think he acted properly. I would never respond like that. Like I've said a hearty your number one as I walk away is all the responding to idiots I do.

Having to depend on a jury is not the way you want your decisions to be ruled good or bad.

I am undecided, leaning more toward not.
    He started everything, because of that he is behind the 8 ball.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom