• ...and so much more!
  • cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Not an excuse, just a fact.

Would be kind of senseless to complain, for instance, that a burger used to be 99 cents in 1960, but costs $4 today. Wages are a lot higher today than they were in 1960.
    It was higher from month one put that in your nitpicking inflation pipe.
    Hurley's Gold

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    That is your experience, not everyone's.

Lay off what you are smoking. Or maybe start smoking.
    Once more with the holier than thou. Listen oldag, whoever you are, the same thing happened to millions of customers in the Harris county area with Reliant and the Center Point markup. End of story, you lay off your pipe.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Once more with the holier than thou. Listen oldag, whoever you are, the same thing happened to millions of customers in the Harris county area with Reliant and the Center Point markup. End of story, you lay off your pipe.
    You have a great day.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I really would not recommend solar to a BEC member.
    Why not? We are also on BEC and have been considering it. Yes, that's a long payback. But I will trade you that bill for our next one. We set several single-day-use records over the cold snap (and we supplemented with propane heat). This one's gonna hurt.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Well I just found out taht here in the big town the city buys power from two sources, LCRA and AEP is the other one. Anyway the city contract spells out what we will pay, appears the two suppliers are on the hook. Our rates will not rise until a new contract. We are lucky as the rates are really low, around $50 a month winter and under $120 in the summer summer

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I almost didn't believe it this morning when I checked --

1614437392810.png

I was expecting a MUCH MUCH higher bill. Something in the 400 dollar range. We'll have to see what next month's bill is like.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I almost didn't believe it this morning when I checked --

View attachment 246043

I was expecting a MUCH MUCH higher bill. Something in the 400 dollar range. We'll have to see what next month's bill is like.

My original estimate was above what our actual bill was as well . It was actually cheaper then last months by a few dollars . ??

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I get weekly updates from Reliant & I’m assuming many of you get them from your provider as well? We saw an increase in usage during that 10 days and as of now it only increased about $100. That’s where having propane (about $200 more than normal), wood stove ($100 went through about a Rick) & water (roughly $100 more)

I’m around $500 in extra cost but I was maintaining 3 building on our property durning this cold snap. I think we came out pretty damn good when I see what going on with others.

And we have a lot of room for improvements in efficiency. Working on that.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm still wary, I'll report back next month if the bill is much higher. With warmer weather coming it should drop significantly.

I am too.

Though when I think about it and maybe I'm wrong, but we only had electric on for around 12 hours a day, so it might make sense that it was kind of close to normal with our heater running in auxiliary mode at a much lower temp then we normally do. We also didn't do any laundry or dishes and cooked on a counter top grill/oven thing, so no oven either. Had our heater run off the pump, I'm guessing with all that we would have probably seen a bill even less.

I guess we'll see on the next bill, though if it's higher it would probably be due to the company charging more and not anything to do with actual usage.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    I feel sorry for those with variable rate plans but very glad we installed solar 2 yesterday ago to balance out most of the electric costs.
    The power situation in Texas will get better in the short term but with the population growing a couple more nuke plants should be in order.

Top Bottom