• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Once you get to making sheaths, Knife Kits generally has the best prices on Kydex materials and Tandy on leather supplies. You have to look at just what you want to do, but sometimes you can get rivets, cicago screws and other small stuff for Kydex cheaper on Amazon. Texas Knife also has the drill bits for Corber Bolts and Loveless fasteners. They can give you a different look too. Good site for knife stuff.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Right my my intent is for the sheaths to be leather. That much I've done before - I just need to find all my tools.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    More progress. I'm working on getting a feel for the bevels - my belt grinder doesn't really have a way to set up a platform to work from or use a jig on, so I'm learning to grind the bevels by hand. Right now they're cleaner than before, and at a better angle, but mistakes are still clearly visible. But...this is why I made test pieces.

As you can also see, one logo is gone and the other has a good bite out of it. That's a lesson: get the bevel started before stamping the touchmark, and put the touchmark behind the plunge line, not above the bevel.

Still, though, both knives are "slicing paper" sharp. I believe torture testing will begin tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Ans yes, there will be video. Unless I manage to hurt myself.

20220922_221740.jpg

paknheat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas
    I'm gonna take one more shot at cleaning up those bevels, then it's cinder block bustin' time.

That sounds like fun. If they survive are you going to put handles on them to replace the wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom