• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    The weather actually cooperated for the most part, so I went out and did this and had a blast. My gun held up pretty well, and I didn't embarrass myself, so I'd consider it a success. Calling it a fun shoot is appropriate, it was pretty informal and had people of all skill levels there. I'll keep my eye on the calendar and try and make it to another one in the near future.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The weather actually cooperated for the most part, so I went out and did this and had a blast. My gun held up pretty well, and I didn't embarrass myself, so I'd consider it a success. Calling it a fun shoot is appropriate, it was pretty informal and had people of all skill levels there. I'll keep my eye on the calendar and try and make it to another one in the near future.

Good on ya! I think it's a great way to introduce new shooters to competition and steel, too!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Shot the ARC SC match again tonight. GREAT weather. Placed 7 of 28 (top 25%) and 2nd of three in my division (rimfire pistol w/optics). #1 in my division beat me by a combined 5.5 seconds on 5 stages. Tonight I can chalk that up to three ammo misfires (Winchester Super X HP, all three with well dented primers and no bang) and my optic coming loose at the end (hadn't loctited it yet - that's been done tonight since I've come home). That puts me in competition for winning my division, locally, which makes me happy.

Absolutely LOVING the Victory and VERY pleased with the Vortex Venom, especially the auto-brightness mode.

A little blue loctite on the rail, mount and optic and a week to cure and we should be good to go for next week!

Those of you in Austin should come out. 125-150 rounds depending on how you shoot and a LOT of new shooters/shooters new to steel challenge, so a friendly atmosphere. Matches run on time and at a good pace. Anything goes - centerfire pistol, rimfire pistol or rimfire rifle (semi-auto).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Shot the ARC SC match again tonight. GREAT weather. Placed 7 of 28 (top 25%) and 2nd of three in my division (rimfire pistol w/optics). #1 in my division beat me by a combined 5.5 seconds on 5 stages. Tonight I can chalk that up to three ammo misfires (Winchester Super X HP, all three with well dented primers and no bang) and my optic coming loose at the end (hadn't loctited it yet - that's been done tonight since I've come home). That puts me in competition for winning my division, locally, which makes me happy.

Absolutely LOVING the Victory and VERY pleased with the Vortex Venom, especially the auto-brightness mode.

A little blue loctite on the rail, mount and optic and a week to cure and we should be good to go for next week!

Those of you in Austin should come out. 125-150 rounds depending on how you shoot and a LOT of new shooters/shooters new to steel challenge, so a friendly atmosphere. Matches run on time and at a good pace. Anything goes - centerfire pistol, rimfire pistol or rimfire rifle (semi-auto).

Good job!

Glad to hear it, My Venom should be in tomorrow to go on my Victory.
    Hope to sight it in Friday or Saturday.

Top Bottom