• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapt'r223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2020
    Waxahachie, Tx
    First thing I noticed, other then shooting about the same as my standard shield plus was, the front sight was noticeably misaligned. Next was the new 15 round mags don't lock back the slide on last shot. Apparently they sit a millimeter or so lower in the gun. They just barely catch the slide on the original shield. That said, 15 round mags are range only for it, unless S&W has a fix for this.
    Hurley's Gold

Rapt'r223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2020
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I have had mine for 2 years now. The gun is amazing. I am shocked how accurate it is.

I am sorry you are having issues with yours
    My 3.1" shield plus is great! My roommate's shield (I don't remember if it's a 1.0 or 2.0) is also great. That's why I wanted this PC 4" plus. I'm planning on reaching out to S&W about the mag issue. I'll see about having the sight aligned by a local gunsmith.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    My 3.1" shield plus is great! My roommate's shield (I don't remember if it's a 1.0 or 2.0) is also great. That's why I wanted this PC 4" plus. I'm planning on reaching out to S&W about the mag issue. I'll see about having the sight aligned by a local gunsmith.

I have the PC 4", PC 3.1" and a 3.1" version with factory night sights. All 3 run great.

I shoot the 4" Shield Plus equal to my G34 Combat Master. The trigger breaks 3.25 to 3.5 pounds

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My Shield 45 shoots great. Only problems were springs very stiff, had to get Uplula to load magazines. Then one time a live round got stuck, couldn't rack the slide. After forcing it to eject the round I sent it back to S&W.

Rapt'r223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2020
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I would have hoped the Performance Center was better than a base Shield.
    Are the magazines marked as PC magazines?
    As stated above, both take the same mags. The ones giving me issues are the 15 round mags. They are also new to the platform. They are standard equipment with the M&P Equalizer which is just a Shield EZ 2.0.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    As stated above, both take the same mags. The ones giving me issues are the 15 round mags. They are also new to the platform. They are standard equipment with the M&P Equalizer which is just a Shield EZ 2.0.

I know 3rd Gen S&W pistol magazines from the PC often came marked as PC with numbered holes on the magazine and different followers and springs. They seemed much better quality than the standard magazines.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    0vBk4HE.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I hate to say my only issues with my S&Ws are with PC guns. Their QC is downright disrespectful to their loyal buyers. My R8 had a loose barrel nut after less than 200 rounds. Mostly shooting anemic 38 rounds to boot. My victory PC failed to eject right out of the box. Fixed that myself by having to bend the frame mounted ejector by a millimeter. Next outing frame screw loosens up that I never touched. Next trip scope mount is slipping back and forth with lightweight green dot on it. That happens to be plastic and mounts with a metal tab on one side and 1 screw!

After loctiting and retorquing stuff, bending various parts etc. It's finally 100%. Makes me think they didn't even test fire it. The R8 has a great trigger and it's fairly accurate but the barrel nut issue has me looking for a solid barreled pistol. Compared to my older smiths these were a sad representation of the brand.

Rapt'r223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2020
    Waxahachie, Tx
    So I was fiddling around with the frame and mags, I decided to see if stretching the springs would help. It seems to have helped push the slide stop up a little more. My next range trip will tell.

Top Bottom