• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    I recently purchased a savage 110 tactical in 6.5 creedmoore and need recommendations for a scope.

This is my first bolt gun and scope, I used to shoot high power/service rifle comps out to 600 yards with iron sites on an AR, so I’m ok with distance.

I’ve been eye balling a vortex Strike Eagle 5x25 with a 56ffp, budget isn’t unlimited but I think this scope would work well for hole punching paper at longer distances and for a reasonable price. Any one concur or know of a better option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    Looks good to me. Right powers and FFP is good as well. My son has a Vortex (different model) and swears by it for ease of use and durability. Be sure to figure the mounts into the money. 34mm at 38mm height could run you a few hundred bucks alone for quality set.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Which one in particular? They have a few where linkeded.

Not a particular reco, I just noticed that you were looking at a 5x fixed power scope, and SWFA is sorta known for those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Not a particular reco, I just noticed that you were looking at a 5x fixed power scope, and SWFA is sorta known for those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wrote the scope description wrong, it’s a 5-25 x 56, would consider a fixed power but not sure it would be the best for the distances I want to shoot.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Figured I’d update this, finally got around to ordering a scope, was using a hand me down but finally decided I need MOAR POWA!

Ordered a Vortex Viper PST II in 5x25, hopefully it will be in soon so I can mount it and get to the range for a report..

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Interested in how ya like it once you get it tested, I’ve been a fan of primary arms optics on a budget an looking for a upgrade.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If you want to know what scope is best or best for the money there are only a few people to ask @Txhillbilly and a few others. However much you paid for the gun expect to pay the same or more for the glass if you want to do good at shooting distance.

Some of the guys here are scientists at the stuff. I'm just happy to be on paper at 100 yards.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Quite a few people talk about vortex’s warranty. Sadly that is because they have had to use it. Athlon is a good choice. Too bad Nikon is out of the scope business. The higher end Bushnells (ie. Elite series) are pretty good as they were made by Bauch & Lomb. Burris also makes a good line as well. Ziess and Schmidt & Bender are also good lines.

Like lenses for photography, good glass is not cheap.

SWFA is a place to look at, they have their own line as well as sell used scopes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I have a viper pst 6-24 on my .308 and it works pretty well for the price. You should be happy with it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Buy once cry once.

Vortex's high end stuff is high end

Arken has developed a really good reputation and I like my sh-4 3-18x

Primary Arms makes some good scopes, their six line of lpvos is a good budget scope imo

Also have a couple of ACOGs... they are clear and bomb proof. Have one on my duty rifle and one on my SCAR 17 (which I have had the itch to replace with a 1-10 Vortex Razor)

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If you're on a budget, the SWFA offerings are nearly impossible to beat, though they are an older design, and you give up some features.

Vortex... Don't be surprised if you get a first hand education on how great their warranty is. Up shot to that is you'll get lighting fast at removing/mounting a scope.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Buy once cry once.

Vortex's high end stuff is high end

Arken has developed a really good reputation and I like my sh-4 3-18x

Primary Arms makes some good scopes, their six line of lpvos is a good budget scope imo

Also have a couple of ACOGs... they are clear and bomb proof. Have one on my duty rifle and one on my SCAR 17 (which I have had the itch to replace with a 1-10 Vortex Razor)

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    It is a sin to replace a Jesus optic for a non Jesus optic. Have some taste and get a VCOG

Top Bottom