• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    You know that was a trap question, right? I knew as sure as I wear a size 13 shoe that you would respond with EXACTLY what you responded with.

Look up Abramski. After you look him up, look up Marcus Braziel. Both convicted on the basis of keeping immaculate records for their protection.

There is another, ex cop that sold only a few guns but again, detailed records got him some fed time.
    @Renegade or @TexasRedneck might remember that one in particular.

Happens all the time.
    "Background checks are not necessarily required for in-state, private transfers. However, Mr. Braziel admitted he was “engaged in the business of selling firearms” – repeatedly devoting time and attention to purchasing and reselling guns for pecuniary gain – and thus should have been licensed and conducting background checks."

Ok so this one doesn't work since he admitted buying and selling for a profit ... Is that what's happening here ?
    Guns International

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    No, Doug had a Silver 2000 Ford Lightning, and he wasn't born yesterday.
    LOL -thanks - I also had a 2004 Lightning that was stolen at a charity dinner. Keyboard warriors make me grin. Sitting in their parent's basement, in their spiderman underoos, talking about their grandpas collection like it's theirs ... ;-)

I have had forums created specifically because members didn't like my moderation/admin style. I've had death threats. A little internet kidding here and there won't warm my beer too much.

All the scary examples so far have been people buying and selling and lying to feds and falsifying records. Also admitting selling for profit. None of that has or will happen here. But don't let that interrupt the rants. How would the scary feds ever find out that the BOS existed ? If they ever did?

And no buyer has ever asked for a copy so there is one copy. ( or is there ) To answer the receipt question.

To answer another question, Im vaxed and conservative, VERY, more freedoms. Born in the 60s ;-)

If I were selling MY collection I would simply ask to see the Texas CHL for the buyer ... But Im not ...
    Back to the rants .....

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    To answer another question, Im vaxed and conservative, VERY, more freedoms. Born in the 60s ;-)

If I were selling MY collection I would simply ask to see the Texas CHL for the buyer ... But Im not ...
    Ha ... CAUGHT you!! There is no such thing as a Tx CHL. You're a fraud and probably a closet FJB voter!!!! :laughing:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    LOL -thanks - I also had a 2004 Lightning that was stolen at a charity dinner. Keyboard warriors make me grin. Sitting in their parent's basement, in their spiderman underoos, talking about their grandpas collection like it's theirs ... ;-)

I have had forums created specifically because members didn't like my moderation/admin style. I've had death threats. A little internet kidding here and there won't warm my beer too much.

All the scary examples so far have been people buying and selling and lying to feds and falsifying records. Also admitting selling for profit. None of that has or will happen here. But don't let that interrupt the rants. How would the scary feds ever find out that the BOS existed ? If they ever did?

And no buyer has ever asked for a copy so there is one copy. ( or is there ) To answer the receipt question.

Back to the rants .....
    You have yet to show an example of it not putting you in a bind. I also have three examples.( or rather I have 2 and @toddnjoyce dug up the other) Odd you cherry picked the one that does not fall exactly into what I am trying to get across.

I understand where you are coming from though with wanting to “feel” protected. Just understand that you are not.

Last edited:

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    You have yet to show an example of it not putting you in a bind. I also have three examples.( or rather I have 2 and @toddnjoyce dug up the other) Odd you cherry picked the one that does not fall exactly into what I am trying to get across.

I understand where you are coming from though with wanting to “feel” protected. Just understand that you are not.
    show me an example of a situation like mine where an individual is selling a personal collection and asking for a BOS put them in Jail ?

An example where the individual didn't lie and wasn't buying to directly sell. In fact, hadnt purchased any guns within years before selling or years after ? Wasnt making a profit ? Ill wait.

Im not protecting myself - Im protecting my MIL

Ill be back after I polish my
    0-15.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    show me an example of a situation like mine where an individual is selling a personal collection and asking for a BOS put them in Jail ?

An example where the individual didn't lie and wasn't buying to directly sell. In fact, hadnt purchased any guns within years before selling or years after ? Wasnt making a profit ? Ill wait.

View attachment 347897
    You sure you want to go down that road? I mean really sure?
    I have not made any disparaging remarks toward you and you want to insinuate I am a tinfoiler? Really.

Think hard before you answer

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    You sure you want to go down that road? I mean really sure?
    I have not made any disparaging remarks toward you and you want to insinuate I am a tinfoiler? Really.

Think hard before you answer
    You offered some valuable feedback on prices which I appreciate and some harsh criticisms of my approach.

You have trotted out your dead horse issue. ( I did some searching ) We disagree on it. Not sure why you keep smacking the now liquefied horse here, since you should gather that you won't change my mind.

Also not sure why you would come out with a threat at this point. Especially since the image should have been seen as a joke.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

View attachment 347897
    That picture should have never been out. You will be hearing from my attorney.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You offered some valuable feedback on prices which I appreciate and some harsh criticisms of my approach.

You have trotted out your dead horse issue. ( I did some searching ) We disagree on it. Not sure why you keep smacking the now liquefied horse here, since you should gather that you won't change my mind.

Also not sure why you would come out with a threat at this point. Especially since the image should have been seen as a joke.
    At this point it is not really your mind I am worried about changing. You have admitted to being a blind follower so at that admission it would be like trying to convince a communist that communism sucks. Just can’t be done.

Would like to persuade anyone who is on the fence that reads this thread to consider carefully before giving their personal, easily stolen information out to a complete stranger because of their “feelz”.
    You might be a stand up guy with a junkie kid or grandkid. Who knows?
    Your kids could be fine, but may have slimebag friends, again, who knows.

If you are that set on “protecting “ yourself( or your MIL) why not just sell through an FFL?

It is proven fact that a BOS does not protect anyone and can lead to the very “evidence” a scumbag prosecutor could use to convince a jury of 12 that were not smart enough to get out of jury duty to send you away, so why do it?

There is literally no upside to it. None.

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    At this point it is not really your mind I am worried about changing. You have admitted to being a blind follower so at that admission it would be like trying to convince a communist that communism sucks. Just can’t be done.

Would like to persuade anyone who is on the fence that reads this thread to consider carefully before giving their personal, easily stolen information out to a complete stranger because of their “feelz”.
    You might be a stand up guy with a junkie kid or grandkid. Who knows?
    Your kids could be fine, but may have slimebag friends, again, who knows.

If you are that set on “protecting “ yourself( or your MIL) why not just sell through an FFL?

It is proven fact that a BOS does not protect anyone and can lead to the very “evidence” a scumbag prosecutor could use to convince a jury of 12 that were not smart enough to get out of jury duty to send you away, so why do it?

There is literally no upside to it. None.
    So its a public service - I get it - I'm sure the world appreciates it

What or who am I blindly following?

Nothing on the BOS that isn't already in Google

You haven't proven anything to me. I've clicked 2 or 3 of the links you posted, and none of them are similar to this. Every one of them admitted to buying to resell for profit. And you have provided no evidence that it won't help in the case of police asking about a serial number of a former gun. You just keep repeating it. Li
    ke the mainstream media, hoping that if you say it enough it becomes fact.

Ironically the police were here yesterday on an unrelated matter and I asked the officer if a BOS would help. His answer was yes.
    So you and I and the local PD disagree. And to me and the local police there is an upside.

As we get further into this you degrade into ad hominem arguments. Which shows weakness in the argument.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So its a public service - I get it - I'm sure the world appreciates it

What or who am I blindly following?

Nothing on the BOS that isn't already in Google

You haven't proven anything to me. I've clicked 2 or 3 of the links you posted, and none of them are similar to this. Every one of them admitted to buying to resell for profit. And you have provided no evidence that it won't help in the case of police asking about a serial number of a former gun. You just keep repeating it. Li
    ke the mainstream media, hoping that if you say it enough it becomes fact.

Ironically the police were here yesterday on an unrelated matter and I asked the officer if a BOS would help. His answer was yes.
    So you and I and the local PD disagree. And to me and the local police there is an upside.

As we get further into this you degrade into ad hominem arguments. Which shows weakness in the argument.
    Funny, all of the LEO that post here seem to have an opposite opinion. Weird. Positively bizarre. All of the FFLs that post here have the opposite opinion of the police you spoke to as well. Again, bizarre.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Funny, all of the LEO that post here seem to have an opposite opinion. Weird. Positively bizarre. All of the FFLs that post here have the opposite opinion of the police you spoke to as well. Again, bizarre.
    A BOS is a waste of time for all involved.

Even if a gun you actually have in your possession is used in a crime, if there isn't a lot more there isn't much police can do to you.

The only person who might benefit from a BOS is the buyer as a proof of lawful purchase in case the seller is a dirt bag and stole it or wants it back and reports it stolen.

As a LEO I would NEVER (LIKE NEVER EVER) allow my dl or ltc to be photographed, copied etc. And if I did I would immediately revoke my consent for the possession of my identifying information and the possessor would then be committing a crime if the information was not destroyed or deleted immediately.

Now, there is a defense that you are a "business or commercial entity" but the ATF may be interested in having a chat why they can't find an FFL in your name...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It seems to have been intended as such.
    My mind was working the same way but then the OP started a legit Classifieds thread, leaving this one open for yet another interminable discussion of the concept of a bill of sale.

I almost wish this was happening in the Classifieds. Then we could flush the whole thread.

Top Bottom