• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I went hunting this afternoon for the first time in a number of years. The wound on the shoulder is from a previous hunter. It's didn't penetrate the body cavity but it broke the humerus and was badly infected. That leg was a total loss. I'm glad to have put him out of his misery.

9 points

308 Win through a converted Saiga 308

About 80 yards

20221216_182245 (Large).gif
    Gun Zone Deals

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Good looking buck! I'd wonder if he had sepsis. Hate to say it, but I'm wondering if I'd just mount it and call it good. What are thoughts about eating the meat?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Good looking buck! I'd wonder if he had sepsis. Hate to say it, but I'm wondering if I'd just mount it and call it good. What are thoughts about eating the meat?
    Much as it pains me to say it, I would probably not eat, nor would I feed any of this deer to my dogs.

Good work putting him out of what would be a slow death.

How did the rest of the body look?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Much as it pains me to say it, I would probably not eat, nor would I feed any of this deer to my dogs.

Good work putting him out of what would be a slow death.

How did the rest of the body look?
    The rest looked good. My brother, a veterinarian, said it was a localized infection and it was safe.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I went hunting this afternoon for the first time in a number of years. The wound on the shoulder is from a previous hunter. It's didn't penetrate the body cavity but it broke the humerus and was badly infected. That leg was a total loss. I'm glad to have put him out of his misery.

9 points

308 Win through a converted Saiga 308

About 80 yards

Well done

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Back in the early 90's, I spent a few years working in NY. One of the neighbors had an old dairy farm that they had to stop working. The sons were deer hunting on it and saw a nice buck, which the eldest son shot. When they got near the deer, they noticed an awful smell. It had been wounded badly and one leg was completely gone. Gangrene had set in and that was the smell they noticed. They contacted the game folks and were warned not to try to salvage any meat, as it was likely to all be contaminated. Shame, but they at least took some solace in putting him out of his misery.

Top Bottom