• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I think you'll be fine. As you stated, it's only sharpened on one edge.

I've got the same knife with a tanto blade. I'd buy it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Glad I could help. BladePlay was recommended to me by other members here, so thanks to them also. I have one in the mail from BladePlay that will be here Monday. I went with the 74 with gray grip.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400276711.504612.jpg

I got one when the law changed. It's okay. I rarely carry it but it's worth the price.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Interesting. I will need to see what qualifies as a dagger and see what length is legal.

A dagger is a double edged knife, and legal length is 5 1/2 inches to carry(fixed or folding). Some local city ordinances have different lengths though. For example San Antonio has locking blades has to be under 3 inches or so, I believe. Are you still in N.Y., or have you moved down to Texas already?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    A dagger is a double edged knife, and legal length is 5 1/2 inches to carry(fixed or folding). Some local city ordinances have different lengths though. For example San Antonio has locking blades has to be under 3 inches or so, I believe. Are you still in N.Y., or have you moved down to Texas already?

I've always heard it as NO locking blades in SA. Not enforceable, but still on the books.

Big Jim P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    CenTex

Thanks.

I am still in New York. I will be for the next 13 months barring any windfalls or my tolerance for bullshit reaching its end.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Texas' knife laws are retarded.

Can I carry concealed a 3.25" fixed blade in SA?

Sec. 21-17. Certain knives prohibited generally; exceptions; penalty for violation.

It shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly carry on or about his person a knife with a blade less than five and one-half (5 1/2) inches in length, which knife is equipped with a lock mechanism so that upon opening, it becomes a fixed blade knife.The above prohibition set forth in subsection (a) shall not be applicable to a person carrying such a knife:In the actual discharge of his duties as a peace officer, a member of the armed forces or national guard, or a guard employed by a penal institution;On his own premises or premises under his control;Engaged in lawful hunting, fishing or other lawful sporting activity; orUsing such a knife in connection with a lawful occupation, during such utilization.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Sec. 21-17. Certain knives prohibited generally; exceptions; penalty for violation.

It shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly carry on or about his person a knife with a blade less than five and one-half (5 1/2) inches in length, which knife is equipped with a lock mechanism so that upon opening, it becomes a fixed blade knife.The above prohibition set forth in subsection (a) shall not be applicable to a person carrying such a knife:In the actual discharge of his duties as a peace officer, a member of the armed forces or national guard, or a guard employed by a penal institution;On his own premises or premises under his control;Engaged in lawful hunting, fishing or other lawful sporting activity; orUsing such a knife in connection with a lawful occupation, during such utilization.

Right, but I understand that certain jurisdictions have additional laws. Is Bexar/SA one of them?

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Right, but I understand that certain jurisdictions have additional laws. Is Bexar/SA one of them?
    That's the S.A. knife law, it states that it is unlawful to carry a knife with a locking mechanism with blade less than 5 1/2 inches, where as Texas law is no more than 5 1/2 inches.

Top Bottom