• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ZX,

That's right and that's why they shouldn't be set off where they can land on people's houses and property. Do that shit elsewhere.

Hey, I have no gripe against fireworks just to be ornery, but potentially having my house burned down to accommodate someone's desire to make noise and color isn't smart or considerate.

What, screw you and you people worried about your home possibly getting burned down cuz we wanna go boom and make a purty colored sky...uh-huh...

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    ZigzagInformalDungbeetle-size_restricted.gif

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We live on a cul-de-sac, know all our neighbors, one year a car was parked near our house. Our dog was deathly afraid, wife went out and told them they didn't live on our street get the frig out, shoot them in front of their own house. They would have left a mess too!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    My neighbor does stuff I don't like as well.

Just be glad you are not Rand Paul!!

I've neighbors on the next street, culdesac, that shoot aerials. It was annoying at first, but I've gotten used to it. Now I take GabaPentin at night for neuropathy pain, and I wake up then quickly go back down.

Wife has the beginnings of Alzheimer's... last year she woke me up in a panic on NY because she thought we were all under attack. Took me a bit to calm her.

Was really strange, but the fireworks last year didn't bother our dog at all.

My beloved minipoo girl is afraid of them too. Used to go hide. This year, nada.... she has gone mostly deaf. :(

How can anyone control where they will land, if shooting them off in a neighborhood?

Can't. I don't know of any aerials with moveable/controllable fins.

I used to buy a bunch of great mortar fireworks when I could afford to... We shot them where it was relatively safe.

ZX,

That's right and that's why they shouldn't be set off where they can land on people's houses and property. Do that shit elsewhere.

Hey, I have no gripe against fireworks just to be ornery, but potentially having my house burned down to accommodate someone's desire to make noise and color isn't smart or considerate.

What, screw you and you people worried about your home possibly getting burned down cuz we wanna go boom and make a purty colored sky...uh-huh...

My kid's new/used home in MO burned down just because it was vacant prior to their move-in and somebody apparently thought it would be fun. That was in Oct... rebuild won't be done until Feb and he is having nightmares dealing with lazy/incompetent/garbage subcontractors for the HVAC and the Electrical. I wish I could go and straighten them out... been there done that. But kids are new to construction projects and much too patient and naive. "I hope" was a phrase my soninlaw used way too much when we spoke about it on New Years.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Usually a holiday brings several nights of fireworks in my neighborhood from the time it gets dark until well after midnight. No regard that some animals and people are stressed as a result of their activity. To add to the danger of fires, some are foolish enough to fire guns in the air with no concern that the rounds will drop possibly causing injury or damage to property.
    For December 31st through January 5th, bullets won't return to earth. It's a deal we made with gravity years ago...

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    For December 31st through January 5th, bullets won't return to earth. It's a deal we made with gravity years ago...
    I worked at a chemical plant in Memphis which put notices on the maintenance department bulletin boards warning us to stay off the roofs of buildings on holidays. The amount of lead hitting the roofs was suprisingly large after some holidays.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I live in the county specifically so I can shoot fireworks. The bigger the better, IMHO.
    I agree. For us, probably not specifically for that, but glad to have the option. We have few neighbors, but they put on quite the show. I think that this year we will purchase a carbide cannon. We will watch the local show, then at midnight, BOOM. One loud blast.
    Good night, all!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Last year I ran a mag of 9mm through a new gun but I put them all into a foam archery target. Hmmmm nothing went through oh the 10mm hasn't gone through either. Never botherd with the 100 year old 45acp cuz it would ruin the target ;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My dog is normally scared of them, but this year she just seemed annoyed. I think she's reached that age of just not giving a shit :laughing:

Personally I love the fireworks and the general insolence they represent. From flouting the fact it's illegal to shoot them in burbs, to pissing off the Karens. It's all great.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    When did animals become such pussies? All the pets I had growing up chased the fireworks and tried to catch them. They didn’t cower in fear from hearing them make noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well said, my exact thoughts too!!

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Our dogs don't like having us set them off in our yard, but they'll sit on the back porch for hours watching the neighbors fire them off. If they're inside while fireworks are going off, they'll sit at the dining room windows watching.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Here's a pic if that house that burned from fireworks.
    From what I heard after dowsing with the hose the owner put used fireworks in the trash can and placed that in the garage.
    Got the story second hand.

Attachments

• 20220107_133344.jpg
      20220107_133344.jpg
      981.1 KB · Views: 52
    Top Bottom