• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Usually a holiday brings several nights of fireworks in my neighborhood from the time it gets dark until well after midnight. No regard that some animals and people are stressed as a result of their activity. To add to the danger of fires, some are foolish enough to fire guns in the air with no concern that the rounds will drop possibly causing injury or damage to property.
    DK Firearms

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yep, wife and I live in Houston proper. Took a walk early on New Year’s Day before folks started bustling around and found these on one of the main streets bordering our neighborhood. 9mm and 7.62x39, 100 yards from my house as the crow flies. I was sure I heard gun fire and turns out I was right. Took another walk yesterday and found a few more on another street bordering out neighborhood. Those were 9mm as well. And yes, those bullets all come down somewhere.

Attachments

• C1D3AD5E-F34B-48E2-9F94-AF641DD2DDD0.jpeg
      C1D3AD5E-F34B-48E2-9F94-AF641DD2DDD0.jpeg
      320.5 KB · Views: 73

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Shooting guns in the air and fireworks are not related. One is legal the other isn't. Obviously firing a firearm in the air is outrageously stupid. Fireworks though are a different story. I think fireworks should be sold all year. They are in New Mexico.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I live in the county specifically so I can shoot fireworks. The bigger the better, IMHO. As a combat veteran it doesn’t bother me one bit, actually it’s kind of comforting to hear mortars going outbound while the neighbors watch in awe and admiration. Camps Stanley & Bullis are adjacent to us; nothing like nodding off to the sound of automatic fire and artillery at all hours of the day and night. Brings back good memories from my military career.

Yep, I’m that aššhole.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have not bought fireworks in a very long time. This year in the new house in the country I actually thought about a mag dump into the ground. There are more then a few Vietnam vets around. I figure more then a few people know the difference sounds between a Ak 47,M16 & M60. Out of respect of the vets & area dogs I did not shoot it off.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    My neighborhood does it big, and I'm centrally located between some of the bigger displays. Puts the professionals to shame. We just sit out back and watch the show. I don't get why people keep firing 'em off past like 1am though, you kinda missed it by then ;)

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Yep, wife and I live in Houston proper. Took a walk early on New Year’s Day before folks started bustling around and found these on one of the main streets bordering our neighborhood. 9mm and 7.62x39, 100 yards from my house as the crow flies. I was sure I heard gun fire and turns out I was right. Took another walk yesterday and found a few more on another street bordering out neighborhood. Those were 9mm as well. And yes, those bullets all come down somewhere.
    When I went up to the DC area in the mid-90s that is when I learned the preferred fireworks - in less underprivileged areas - were 9mm and .40 S&W. I did not even know there was a .40 S&W cartridge until I found brass on the street (and in the yards, parking lots, etc.).

For an area that pretty much banned firearms (even possession of a shell case was a crime) at the time, there was a lot of gunfire and brass.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Sitting on the couch a few days before Christmas, I asked my son if we lived in Bagdad? New Years Eve it was constant at midnight.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Far fewer fireworks in my area this year than the past... I'm hoping people spent their money on ammunition instead!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’m fine with fireworks. I get it. People are excited. Just disappointed in the decision making people have. But unless I’m on 200 acres and isolated (my life’s goal) can’t do anything unless it’s reckless. Common sense is so gone.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    You should try Oak Cliff...

Top Bottom