• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I don't have anything to say negative about Midway or Brownell's. I buy from both, but only Brownell's give an FFL a discount and I buy about 90% through them..Edge membership is like $48.00/year and free shipping....I get two business day shipping. I used to wait until I got a big enough order to help spread out the S/H, but no more. If I need a $3.00 item, free 2 business day shipping. When I buy primers/powder, it helps......don't know why but sometimes they wave the hazmat fee too....

On the FFL discount, is it just for 07FFL’s? Just wondering if my little old 03FFL C&R is worth anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Midway has been screwy with shipping but it’s not Amazon so they work with what they have UPS, USPS, FedEx. Brownells is the same but I have had better luck and they fund pro 2A groups so I go there first if I can’t find it local.

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I get their cheapest shipping and it always comes in 1-2 days. I am about 8 hours from where they ship from though

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    I think that UPS had a computer system melt-down and couldn't accept parcels, and maybe thats why it got transferred to the USPS.
    Sig Sauer ships Fedex Smartpost and most times it takes a week to a week and a half from New Hampshire to DFW area.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    On the FFL discount, is it just for 07FFL’s? Just wondering if my little old 03FFL C&R is worth anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would believe so....I don't get a discount on every item. For example....the Midwest Industries upper receiver rod is $ 94.95 and my price is $ 85..99. Great tool...I have one, btw...

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    What ever you do don't order from Optics Planet. It takes months to get a order.
    They dont do a good job at all (on purpose more than likely) on letting you know whether something is in stock ready to go now or if it will be available in weeks. They should have a more noticeable backorder stated right on the page for all items that are not in front of them ready to ship. Case in point, if I didnt click on some tiny link under the add to cart, I wouldnt see just how long this item would be estimated to ship. I guess 7-9 weeks isnt a backorder in their minds. This is only one example but more often that not, their website is littered with these type of "in stock but not really in stock" items. Definitely wonder if Botach and OP have the same owners.

opticsplanet.JPG

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've ordered from Optics Planet a few times. Mainly when I'd rather save some bucks and know it will arrive eventually.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Free shipping is free shipping. I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I think Amazon has spoiled us with the expectation of expedited deliveries.

Aint that the truth. I ordered an air purifier and it was delivered in 2 hours.

Top Bottom