• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You're going to get one. It took about 2 weeks for that go from "print pending" to "mailed" for me. Apparently the printing gets done in batches.
    They, DPS, were right up against the 60 day window. Wonder if that had an impact?

Yup, printing is probably done in batches. Most likely it depends on when you get approved coupled with the timing of the print window. If you get approved one day and a couple of days later the batch printing, which had already been scheduled, kicks in might get a quicker turn-around. Conversely if they only print every 30 days and you get approved the day after the scheduled batch run - 30 days is your sentence.
    Guns International

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I logged in to check status today, it’s been a week since I turned in the last form they needed, and there is nothing there. It just says if I have turned everything in to give them time to process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    that might be something new because of the overload. I never saw anything like that - ever. I saw a list of things they needed and the line each was on with either green w/check mark at the begging or the line was yellow - pending.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    And today... just like yesterday... and the day before that... and the day before that... etc...

Logged in to check my LTC status and lo'n'behold... all green except for print pending. Background and fingerprint review finally completed and green. I honestly don't know if this means I'm actually going to get an LTC or it simply means everything has been reviewed and ??? Dunno but it's looking better - I suppose.
    Cool deal

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    7de4866331d6ae359a571af8c85558c3.jpg

This is the page I get when I log on.

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    @CodyK, i submitted everything online on saturday, aug, 15 and received an email confirmation from someone at the DPS regulatory services division on monday, aug 17th saying they had everything needed to proceed.

until just today, i was seeing the same thing as you when i checked the status online. now, i see what @Dougw1515 sees with all the steps and the green check marks..mine is waiting to be printed or something like that.

the waiting IS difficult!

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    @CodyK, i submitted everything online on saturday, aug, 15 and received an email confirmation from someone at the DPS regulatory services division on monday, aug 17th saying they had everything needed to proceed.

until just today, i was seeing the same thing as you when i checked the status online. now, i see what @Dougw1515 sees with all the steps and the green check marks..mine is waiting to be printed or something like that.

the waiting IS difficult!

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong. I got all the emails confirming they have what I sent them, but I wasn’t getting any confirmation when I checked the status. I started the process on August 5th, but didn’t get the LTC class info done until August 23rd. That was the last thing I needed to do.

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong. I got all the emails confirming they have what I sent them, but I wasn’t getting any confirmation when I checked the status. I started the process on August 5th, but didn’t get the LTC class info done until August 23rd. That was the last thing I needed to do.

i think you will be fine :) ... i was worried until just today because i never saw those steps and statuses like everyone else was saying...i am sure you will get yours soon :D

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I started my application early Jun. After submitting my application, with required fee, I then did the fingerprint thingee, which they submit. Then I took the LTC Class w/shooting. That was around the middle of June. At that time I submitted LTC class info and my DD214 to DPS. First of July I get the dreaded email requesting additional documents. Seems they didn't get my DD214. Resubmitted DD214. I was informed that snafu cost two weeks processing time. July 2nd. I received notification they had received my DD214 and they would contact me, again, if additional info was required. Then I waited... I called DPS a few weeks ago and ask about status. It was then I learned if you self report arrest/convection's it adds time to the process. How naughty you were may extend the time even further. I was pretty.... wild back then but nothing the laws governing gun ownership nor concealed carry would prevent approval. Now I'm waiting - again.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I still don’t understand needing supporting documents regarding arrests. Basically I’m gonna have to go to the DPS to get some info to give back to the DPS?

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I still don’t understand needing supporting documents regarding arrests. Basically I’m gonna have to go to the DPS to get some info to give back to the DPS?

It's kinda like when you get a ticket and want to take drivers ed...the state of Texas makes you pay a 3rd party for a copy of your driving record...which you then submit to the court...which seems like they should be albe to look it up...

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    It was easier getting a type 03 C&R FFL from the ATF. We need constitutional carry! If I’m legal to purchase a gun, I should be able to carry it.

Top Bottom