• Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Read the story here: Top NRA Executive Chris Cox resigns

ABCNEWS.com said:
    A high-ranking leader of the NRA has resigned amid growing turmoil in the gun group.

Chris Cox has stepped down from his post as the NRA’s chief lobbyist and principal political strategist for the Institute for Legislative Action – the lobbying arm for the NRA, according to Andrew Arulanandum, the NRA’s managing director for public affairs.

Neither the NRA nor Cox have released a statement about his resignation or confirmed any details as to what prompted the move.

ABC News was not able to immediately reach Cox.

Cox’s resignation comes days after the New York Times reported he had been put on administrative leave. In the article, Cox denied that he was pushing for an internal coup to oust NRA executive vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre.
    In a statement to the newspaper, Cox called the allegations "offensive and patently false."

"For over 24 years I have been a loyal and effective leader in this organization," he said in the statement, according to the paper. "My efforts have always been focused on serving the members of the National Rifle Association, and I will continue to focus all of my energy on carrying out our core mission of defending the Second Amendment."

(MORE: NRA board member: 'Imperative' to clean house, move on from CEO Wayne LaPierre)
    Cox is one of the public faces of the NRA. He was the one who announced the NRA's endorsement of then-candidate Donald Trump during the 2016 election.

The group has been under both internal and external scrutiny of late amid reports of alleged financial mismanagement. Its former president, Oliver North, resigned in April and the fallout has continued in connection to ongoing lawsuits.

Beyond the internal politics of the organization's hierarchy, it also announced Tuesday that it will be stopping production of NRA-TV.

"After careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing 'live TV' programming. Whether and when we return to 'live' programming is a subject of ongoing analysis," LaPierre said in a statement posted to the NRA website.

"What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association," the statement reads.
    Capitol Armory ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Cox was fired because he was anti-LaPierre.

If you think his departure is good, you are with LaPierre. LaPierre is purging anyone who he does not think is 100% loyal to him. Cox is out, North is out, etc.
    You’re a fool if you actually believe that statement.

Cox is on record as having resigned, and by itself that may not have been incredibly noteworthy. In context with the other well known departures, coupled with the level and visibility of his position, puts a lot if focus right where it needs to be. On LaPierre.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You’re a fool if you actually believe that statement.

Cox is on record as having resigned, and by itself that may not have been incredibly noteworthy. In context with the other well known departures, coupled with the level and visibility of his position, puts a lot if focus right where it needs to be. On LaPierre.

Why do you think that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Cox was fired because he was anti-LaPierre.

If you think his departure is good, you are with LaPierre. LaPierre is purging anyone who he does not think is 100% loyal to him. Cox is out, North is out, etc.

Exactly correct. He was first suspended and Wayne thought he was in it with North (though Cox denied it) and supposedly he was going to take over once Wayne was ousted. I think they are gonna see the money dry up real soon. I doubt the lawsuit they brought against the media company that handled the NRA TV aspect will go anywhere. Wayne might stay but the empire is getting smaller.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Exactly correct. He was first suspended and Wayne thought he was in it with North (though Cox denied it) and supposedly he was going to take over once Wayne was ousted. I think they are gonna see the money dry up real soon. I doubt the lawsuit they brought against the media company that handled the NRA TV aspect will go anywhere. Wayne might stay but the empire is getting smaller.

Yup. Glad to see I am not the only fool around here.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think they are gonna see the money dry up real soon. I doubt the lawsuit they brought against the media company that handled the NRA TV aspect will go anywhere.

Totally agree.

I spent over two decades working for large ad agencies, I know how the finances operate.

Not a dollar gets spent that isn’t earmarked and approved by the client.

They were in cahoots with the agency.

The lawsuit is just them trying to cover their asses in the court of public opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Well someone has to be the next LaPierre. I'm not saying I think he should have been, that is just what I read in the news story of why he initially got suspended. I guess discuss that with North? I dunno maybe Cox was hedging his bets? Maybe in his position I would do the same. My point is the tree is still be shaken and that is what members wanted so we will see what happens next. This will not bode well for LaPierre and his followers. It will hurt the organization before it helps the organization.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    You're missing the point. Cox might have been a rival of LaPierre's, but I don't see him as being remarkably different.

They all need to go.
    No I got it. Again, I am not saying Cox was the answer. If they all go the vacuum will be filled and then our concern is with the unknown.
    The NRA is gonna be in trouble and we have an election on the horizon, the only thing that is saving gun owners is that the left party is so disjointed now as they attempt to counter DT. That does not bode well for state matters as individual states continue making anti 2A laws.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom