• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Fiance & Kimber 45 (Bullet Trap - Plano)

My Fiance Sara and I went to the Bullet Trap today. Only fired 100 rounds (trying to save money) and was her first time with the Kimber. I couldn't be more proud if I tried. Here's her final target of the day. 23 Rounds of Winchester White Box 230GR FMJ (Two Wilson 8 round and one Wilson 7 round). Puts the Kimber at 550 rounds with no problems whatsoever!

CIMG0878.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Wow, that's not bad at all. Especially for a female shooting a 3" .45 and assuming she's not an avid shooter?

She might be a keeper! But you gotta keep in line!

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Its only her second time shooting EVER! She shot my HK P2000SK LEM 9MM which I sold to get the Kimber, but didn't do near as well. Infact she shot out a few lights with the 9MM, hahah!

But she says the 1911 just feels better and holds a thumbs forward better than me with a grin on her face. She also shoots without using the iron sights (point shooting), which is good for defensive maneuvers, but I'd imagine is the result of wider groups.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Congrats, hopefully you've got her hooked. I know I recently hooked my wife! My battle right now with her is sight picture. She will have the same sight pic through a mag but the next one will be different. she still produces tight groups but they may be on the bull or 2'' to the right or high etc. I need someone else to work with her I think since she has a short fuse with me from time to time. And like JKTex said you know she can shoot so you gotta behave so I have to bite my tongue and let it go when she gets that way. Anyway sorry for the drift, Congrats again on having someone to share the fun with and keep her excited, its good to see women enjoy shooting too!

Top Bottom