Gun Zone Deals

Ffl's willing to ship out several long guns around spring, 290, points west houston?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Can't seem to sell very easy here but I have out of state buyers wanting my ak's and benelli m4.
    I've never tried shipping out of state. Any dealers that would handle for me?
    Thanks

Also would like a consignment dealer to handle some colt ar15s x95, maybe some others
    Guns International

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Can't seem to sell very easy here but I have out of state buyers wanting my ak's and benelli m4.
    I've never tried shipping out of state. Any dealers that would handle for me?
    Thanks

Also would like a consignment dealer to handle some colt ar15s x95, maybe some others
    Well, you certainly can go through a dealer on your end to ship for you but I wonder why would you take the extra step and suffer the added expense of going through a dealer on your end to ship rifles to a dealer with an FFL who is in another state? You legally can ship legal (on a federal & state level) rifles & shotguns directly to an eligible FFL holder either via UPS or the USPS. Just make sure the FFL is legitimate (here), that the rifles & shotguns you plan to ship are legal to own in that other state and can be shipped to an FFL holder under that state's laws and that any magazines you ship are also legal in whatever state. Do not expect a dealer with an FFL to necessarily be knowledgeable of the laws of those other states. In my experience, many do not have a clue to those state laws nor even to many federal regulations concerning shipping and receiving firearms. If you have any concerns, the ATF website spells most of it out and in addition, I always have found them to be helpful when I have made inquiries about the legality of transferring/shipping firearms; well not always but almost always. There is one exception that comes to mind when I spoke to a truly anti-RKBA arsehat at ATF. All the other times though, and there have been several, ATF reps have been very polite and informative. I prefer to email them and thus get answers in wring but have also spoken to them on the phone.

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's funny how some things sell in nanoseconds and others won't sell at all. It's not a price thing, maybe just the local market saturation. I see some stuff on consignment at the LGS and it's the same way; some sells that day and some sits and gathers dust.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Maybe it's just where I live- san angelo- but in the last 15 or so years I've shipped a bunch of long arms and pistols- never had a problem. UPS, USPS, or Fedex have all been easy to work with.

Show up, hand them the box (pre-wrapped, padded, and labeled), give them the address info and general contents (firearm, no specifics) pay and done.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Box it up yourself, weigh it and print a shipping label online. Just drop it off at a UPS or FedEx location. I also don't include anything firearms related on the shipping label. If it's going to Bob's Gun Shop, I only put Bob's Shop on the shipping label. I've shipped a lot of guns like this and never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    It is also illegal to usps. Or at least it was yrs ago

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    You can ship long guns via usps. Dealers can ship handguns and long guns via postal service. Shipping a long gun via USPS is an exercise in futility. They are almost always more expensive that FedEx/UPS and their antiquated tracking system sucks. Dealers like to ship handguns through USPS because of the flat rate shipping instead of having to ship overnight.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom