• ...and so much more!
  • jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    Team,
    I'm a service member and recently moved to SA.
    I plan to purchase some firearms online and looking for a good FFL with reasonable fee to have them shipped to.
    Any suggestion? Many thanks.
    Venture Surplus ad

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    I live in the East Side near Fort Sam Houston and AT&T Center.
    I was searching for old threads and saw Blue Diamond of Texas. I actually called them obtaining a copy of their FFL but it's a distance from where I am.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I highly recommend Modern Elite Firearms. Chris is a good guy and @Dancing Heretik will agree.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    When I lived on that side of town I used MEF successfully multiple time. Great guys and no complaints on this end.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Though I haven't used these folks for an FFL transfer, I have shopped in their stores, and all seem to be friendly, knowledgeable and ready to assist. Adelbridge and Nagels are both in town on San Pedro, and Buck and Does Mercantile is on north 281. Lone Star Guns and Ammo is a little hole-in-the-wall shop over here on the NW side, near Helotes...good, friendly folks but may be farther than you want to drive.

And a "thumbs up" for the Gun Shack in Helotes....another good one.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Picked up my firearm today at Blue Diamond of Texas in San Antonio. They are professional and efficient. I paid $10 fee. No background check with my CHL.
    I like hearing this review and now more than ever I will check them this weekend. I was planning to go to A Place to shoot or National Shooting Complex to give my daughter more skeet practice and need to get more 12 gauge shells. Hopefully these guys will have shells.

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    I like hearing this review and now more than ever I will check them this weekend. I was planning to go to A Place to shoot or National Shooting Complex to give my daughter more skeet practice and need to get more 12 gauge shells. Hopefully these guys will have shells.
    Can you or someone give me a few places to go for practice shooting PLEASE?
    I'm new to this city and don't know any place except Bracken Riffle & Pistol Range where I had the training.
    When I was in Louisiana, there are places where I could practice with $10 fee for military personnel.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Can you or someone give me a few places to go for practice shooting PLEASE?
    I'm new to this city and don't know any place except Bracken Riffle & Pistol Range where I had the training.
    When I was in Louisiana, there are places where I could practice with $10 fee for military personnel.
    I do not live in SA but only visit in laws but I do plan on moving once I am done with my job in Houston. It depends on what you are shooting. I personally like going to A Place to shoot range since they have skeet and trap with handgun range and rifle and bow range. If you are into skeet, trap and sporting clay only then I would recommend National Shooting Complex or SA Gun club but I think A place to shoot range offers military discount as they do for first responders. Otherwise if you want something outside of SA there is one range I used to meet with a private group before coming to this forum. It is called Lonestar handgun and nice place. Membership is very generous for us as well

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    If you are on the west side of town, take a look at The Bullet Hole. It's not a great range, but adequate, and they are reasonably priced, with a one-time membership fee of $5, and a spot on any of the ranges (other than private bays) for $10 plus tax.

Top Bottom