• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin
    I sent in my renewal in February and my license expired April 1st. They haven't cashed my check and I haven't heard anything. Tried calling several support numbers but I get no answer but "leave a message" and of course no call back. Has the Biden boys started slow walking renewals?

Anybody else having this experience?
    Target Sports

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I renewed mine about 10 months ago and had the new one in 6 weeks. I've had some major issues with USPS lately.

My best guess would be that it was never delivered, or that it was lost somewhere in the process since your check has not been cashed.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Any customer service that existed prior to the Chinese Flu died along with our freedom.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    "They haven't cashed my check"

This is the most concerning fact. In all my 03 FFL renewals, that is the one step the ATF never hesitated to accomplish.

I suspect your application got lost in the mail! :( :( :(

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I applied for a change of address on my license the first week in January....When I call "it's in process" the new address was inspected and approved weeks ago.....still no new license....

The ATF inspector told me most ATF office workers are still working from home.....

I agree the check not being cashed is a red flag.....

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Remind me.p!ease, what is the 03 license? Antique/Collector? - why not just get the 01 license?
    03 is a collectors license. 01 is for selling guns and doing transfers for profit. It's not meant for improving your own collection. You can do that with one some-what, but I believe the ATF won't be too happy if that's your main purpose for getting one.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Remind me.p!ease, what is the 03 license? Antique/Collector? - why not just get the 01 license?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    When I have had questions about my C&R and when I needed to have a correction made to it, I contacted ATF via email. They always got back to me pretty quickly. I have used both of these email addresses: FFLC@atf.gov and nlc@atf.gov; the first one appears on their contacts page under licensing, I don't know where I found the second one.

The last inquiry I sent to them was an email to FFLC@atf.gov on Sunday January 30, 2022. It was answered on Monday morning January 31, 2022. I was quite happy with the promptness of their reply. Try email, it works for me.:cool:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

When getting a C&R, you do not need to jump through all of the hoops required for a dealer's FFL. For one thing, you are not required to run a business, not required to fill out government forms for a transfer (but must record any C&R transactions in your C&R book - that in my experience the ATFF never has checked) and so on. What you can do with a C&R is receive C&R firearms directly from someone out of your state of residence that have been shipped. Thus you wind up cutting out the FFL fee you'd need to pay if shipped to a dealer with an FFL and also cutting out the form you'd need to fill out. You can also, under federal law, receive a C&R firearm in any state (although some states' laws may not allow that). So, being a C&R holder, I can go to a state like Wyoming and legally receive a C&R firearm from a WY resident if I wanted to buy one there and not have to go through a dealer with an FFL to do so. CA, MA, MD, NJ, NY and CT (among others) - by my guess - probably would be another story.

Last edited:

Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin
    "They haven't cashed my check"

This is the most concerning fact. In all my 03 FFL renewals, that is the one step the ATF never hesitated to accomplish.

I suspect your application got lost in the mail! :( :( :(
    I believe you are right. That is the problem.
    I applied for a change of address on my license the first week in January....When I call "it's in process" the new address was inspected and approved weeks ago.....still no new license....

The ATF inspector told me most ATF office workers are still working from home.....

I agree the check not being cashed is a red flag.....
    I’ve tried several numbers and can’t get a human on the line. Do you still have that number?
    When I have had questions about my C&R and when I needed to have a correction made to it, I contacted ATF via email. They always got back to me pretty quickly. I have used both of these email addresses: FFLC@atf.gov and nlc@atf.gov; the first one appears on their contacts page under licensing, I don't know where I found the second one.

The last inquiry I sent to them was an email to FFLC@atf.gov on Sunday January 30, 2022. It was answered on Monday morning January 31, 2022. I was quite happy with the promptness of their reply. Try email, it works for me.:cool:
    thanks, I’m on it. I’ve had my license for about 20 years and this is the first hiccup.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Roger that. I presently have an 01 license but I’m totally not a high volume dealer. As chance would have it, I haven’t made many deals from a wholesaler but I’ve done a bunch of $20 transfers
    My 01 license has helped me with my personal collection, but it is not a sole means.
    I do very much enjoy living through others’ purchases, most recently an H&K MP5-22lr - very very cool!!!
    I’ve seen that many sellers on GunBroker do not accept 03 licenses.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Roger that. I presently have an 01 license but I’m totally not a high volume dealer. As chance would have it, I haven’t made many deals from a wholesaler but I’ve done a bunch of $20 transfers
    My 01 license has helped me with my personal collection, but it is not a sole means.
    I do very much enjoy living through others’ purchases, most recently an H&K MP5-22lr - very very cool!!!
    I’ve seen that many sellers on GunBroker do not accept 03 licenses.
    The way to fix that is to not do business with those shit heads. 03 is just as valid as an 01, and if they don't want to recognize that, then they should find a different business.

The rules are very clear and simple as to what qualifies as a C&R gun. If it's at least 50 years old or is on a list of guns available from the ATF that lists exceptions, then it is a C&R. There is no excuse not to ship it to an 03 FFL holder.

They're just like those people who want a BOS. They are basically imposing their own regulations.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin

A big surprise! The email worked. Had a response in 12 hours. They got my package and are still working on it. They extended my expiration date. Thanks for your help.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    After months of waiting and phone calls..last night I used the email address provided by @Glenn B .....received a reply this morning they were forwarding my email to the person responsible for changing our address.....if I didn't hear from them within 24 hours to contact a named supervisor with phone number....

The emailed me a copy of my new license this evening...........

Why will they answer you immediately from emails and not the phone? Who knows.......

Thanks Glen B!!!!!!!!

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    After months of waiting and phone calls..last night I used the email address provided by @Glenn B .....received a reply this morning they were forwarding my email to the person responsible for changing our address.....if I didn't hear from them within 24 hours to contact a named supervisor with phone number....

The emailed me a copy of my new license this evening...........

Why will they answer you immediately from emails and not the phone? Who knows.......

Thanks Glen B!!!!!!!!

If they are working from home as most seem to be, they may not have calls forwarded to a soft phone on their computer. But email they can get. Seems most of the Efile stuff is being handled from work at homes since they don’t have to touch physical documents.
    hence the fast turnaround time on Form1’s. Just my opinion.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Unbelievable! I am without words.

I just emailed ATF at 2:30 to request a replacement copy of my 03 f f l, which I've have obviously put somewhere very, very safe - so safe I cannot find it.

They responded within five minutes and said a copy would be in the mail today!

Thanks for providing the email address!

Top Bottom