• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cliff43J

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2021
    Bacliff, TX
    The Biden Administration has subverted the FEMA fund which was meant to supply assistance to natural disaster victims within the U.S.A.. It was announced late yesterday by Secretary of Something Myorkas that the fund needs more money. Where did all of the FEMA money go?

The recent hurricane Helene sucked up the last of the FEMA fund, but where did the rest of the money go??? Well, it went to resettle illegal aliens who had entered our country. These illegals were welcomed by the Biden Administration and given priority over our national security. Many got free airplane rides to various cities throughout the States. They got free housing, free food, free clothes, free medical care, and whatever else the administration felt that they needed, including free cell phones. Meanwhile, you and I are paying for all of these freebies, housing is becoming unaffordable for many and our own citizens are suffering. Hurricane Helene devastated the communications networks in its path. The Biden Administration was/is paralyzed. Communications remained down. Finally, Trump had to reach out to Musk to initial Starlink communications in North Carolina and elsewhere because the Biden Administration could not restore the communication network. WHO IS OUR REAL PRESIDENT???

What more damage can Biden and his cabal do to America? War is spreading in the Middle East. East Coast ports have been shut down by a strike, and Biden refuses to enact the Taft Hartley Act to keep the ports open and encourage both sides to come to the bargaining table. Grocery prices jumped overnight - our preferred brand of olive oil went from $20 to $28 virtually overnight! Other prices increased too.

There are too many other horror stories to include here and not enough time as I need to prepare breakfast for my grandsons. Get out and vote for America in the upcoming presidential election!!! I don't know about you, but I cannot afford another 4 more years of Democrat Party foolishness and incompetence.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    With an annual budget of $30 billion the $110 million they sent to organizations supporting the border immigration fiasco is barely a rounding error, and not where "all the money went".

It's a fraction of 1% of their budget. Not that I agree with it, but let's not overstate the situation.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Let's not understate and whitewash it either. That $110m would be going a long way to help legal citizens of the USA right about now, versus the people who should have been properly processed at the border.

I'm all for immigration reform, if we dare to take it seriously. I am not for allowing illegal entry into the country, including draining taxpayer funds to provide them goods and services.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area

According to Fox News, the Biden/Harris administration spent $363.8 million in 2023 and $650 million so far in 2024 from the FEMA program for services for migrants.

"We are meeting the immediate needs with the money that we have. We are expecting another hurricane hitting. We do not have the funds. FEMA does not have the funds to make it through the season."
    —Alejandro Mayorkas, yesterday, Wednesday, October 3, 2024

Everything that Biden/Harris's Mayorkas has touched has turned to absolute bat guano.

Cliff43J

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2021
    Bacliff, TX
    With an annual budget of $30 billion the $110 million they sent to organizations supporting the border immigration fiasco is barely a rounding error, and not where "all the money went".

It's a fraction of 1% of their budget. Not that I agree with it, but let's not overstate the situation.

If one can believe the government numbers...which I do not. The Administration has fudged numbers all too often to suit me.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

That’s an additional $110MM that was awarded to a charity for the purpose of helping criminals.

That’s NOT IN ANY WAY a complete accounting of all the funds this Admin has used to pamper criminals.

How many’s natural disasters have we had this year? Where did the rest of the $30BB go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    The Biden Administration has subverted the FEMA fund which was meant to supply assistance to natural disaster victims within the U.S.A.. It was announced late yesterday by Secretary of Something Myorkas that the fund needs more money. Where did all of the FEMA money go?

The recent hurricane Helene sucked up the last of the FEMA fund, but where did the rest of the money go??? Well, it went to resettle illegal aliens who had entered our country. These illegals were welcomed by the Biden Administration and given priority over our national security. Many got free airplane rides to various cities throughout the States. They got free housing, free food, free clothes, free medical care, and whatever else the administration felt that they needed, including free cell phones. Meanwhile, you and I are paying for all of these freebies, housing is becoming unaffordable for many and our own citizens are suffering. Hurricane Helene devastated the communications networks in its path. The Biden Administration was/is paralyzed. Communications remained down. Finally, Trump had to reach out to Musk to initial Starlink communications in North Carolina and elsewhere because the Biden Administration could not restore the communication network. WHO IS OUR REAL PRESIDENT???

What more damage can Biden and his cabal do to America? War is spreading in the Middle East. East Coast ports have been shut down by a strike, and Biden refuses to enact the Taft Hartley Act to keep the ports open and encourage both sides to come to the bargaining table. Grocery prices jumped overnight - our preferred brand of olive oil went from $20 to $28 virtually overnight! Other prices increased too.

There are too many other horror stories to include here and not enough time as I need to prepare breakfast for my grandsons. Get out and vote for America in the upcoming presidential election!!! I don't know about you, but I cannot afford another 4 more years of Democrat Party foolishness and incompetence.
    Sorry but it's not incompetence, it's by design.

~ strength and honor ~

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    That’s an additional $110MM that was awarded to a charity for the purpose of helping criminals.

That’s NOT IN ANY WAY a complete accounting of all the funds this Admin has used to pamper criminals.

How many’s natural disasters have we had this year? Where did the rest of the $30BB go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said that it was the full extent of spending on illegal immigrants. I'll agree it's not but that's beyond the scope of the OP.

The answer to where the rest of it went is beyond the scope of a forum post. Any $30 Billion budget is going to be complicated.

But for example, they spend about half of their budget on mitigation programs and grants. Hell, they are still spending a significant amount on COVID relief. It often takes quite a bit of time for State & Local entities to account for their costs and file the paperwork for reimbursement. Then FEMA takes forever to process it. It's all on their website if you'd like to spend a couple of months going through it.

You also need to distinguish between their disaster spending and their non-disaster spending. There's been plenty of disasters this year.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    The Shelter and Services Program (SSP), administered by the FEMA in partnership with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), provides financial support to non-federal entities to provide humanitarian services to “noncitizen migrants.” Between FY2023 and FY2024, at least $1 billion has been funneled into the program, according to FEMA’s website. In just 2024, over $20 million went to the NYC Office of Management and Budget.

New York City’s Department of Homeless Services has given $4,000 grants to 150 migrant families to help with the cost of transitioning from city shelters to permanent housing, according to a September report from Fox News. Eligible families can also receive up to $1,000 in gift cards for household necessities and moving expenses, according to the report. Speaking in Atlanta, Georgia Wednesday, Harris said FEMA is providing $750 in cash “for folks who need immediate needs being met” due to the storm.

The Emergency Food and Shelter Program, another FEMA-funded program, has also been repurposed into a fund for migrants via federal distributions to local social-service organizations. The funding allocated to the program has climbed dramatically over recent years, from $30 million in 2019 to $425 million in 2023. In 2023, many of the recipients included branches of the Catholic Charities in border states such as Texas. The nonprofit proudly offers humanitarian services to undocumented individuals in the country as one of its core missions.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    The Shelter and Services Program (SSP), administered by the FEMA in partnership with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), provides financial support to non-federal entities to provide humanitarian services to “noncitizen migrants.” Between FY2023 and FY2024, at least $1 billion has been funneled into the program, according to FEMA’s website. In just 2024, over $20 million went to the NYC Office of Management and Budget.

New York City’s Department of Homeless Services has given $4,000 grants to 150 migrant families to help with the cost of transitioning from city shelters to permanent housing, according to a September report from Fox News. Eligible families can also receive up to $1,000 in gift cards for household necessities and moving expenses, according to the report. Speaking in Atlanta, Georgia Wednesday, Harris said FEMA is providing $750 in cash “for folks who need immediate needs being met” due to the storm.

The Emergency Food and Shelter Program, another FEMA-funded program, has also been repurposed into a fund for migrants via federal distributions to local social-service organizations. The funding allocated to the program has climbed dramatically over recent years, from $30 million in 2019 to $425 million in 2023. In 2023, many of the recipients included branches of the Catholic Charities in border states such as Texas. The nonprofit proudly offers humanitarian services to undocumented individuals in the country as one of its core missions.

Now that's another story, and a whole lot more than the $115,000,000 in the OP. If somebody wants the source:

This is not part of the disaster funds though. That's sort of a moot point. But if the funds were appropriated for that use then that's what they've got to do with it, as Congress controls that. The disaster appropriation is separate. From what I can tell FEMA doesn't have a lot of discretion in how they spend money. There are mitigation funds, disaster relief funds, and other grants. All of that should be dictated by Congress. FEMA surely has some discretion within a category, but I don't think they can move funds from Disaster Relief to their other programs. I'm still working on it.

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    You also need to distinguish between their disaster spending and their non-disaster spending. There's been plenty of disasters this year.

No, I don’t. Any more than I have to distinguish in my household budget between living expenses like electricity, nice-to-haves like cable,and play money like movie tickets.

If the electricity budget don’t have enough to cover this month, i damn well will take it from the other categories….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    No, I don’t. Any more than I have to distinguish in my household budget between living expenses like electricity, nice-to-haves like cable,and play money like movie tickets.

If the electricity budget don’t have enough to cover this month, i damn well will take it from the other categories….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You don't have Congress appropriating your funds for you and telling you how you have to use them.

Top Bottom