• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmottndfw

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Celeste, TX
    I have 2 Duroc/ Berkshire crosses scheduled to meet the butcher @ Rail 19 in Brashear on Feb 24th. Both are pushing 300+lbs.
    $3.50/hanging plus processing.
    Also have a half Beef available at the end of the month as well on 100day grain finished Angus Cross 1350lb steer.
    Call or Text - 972-746-3035
    AcpouPS.jpg

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    haha just razzin you and making a police joke. I kinda want to buy a pig or lamb at a flat rate, especially if its butchered and wrapped to stuff my freezer full. Still thinking about it and I'm sure once I make a decision someone will have purchased already... I don't have room for half a cow however.

jmottndfw

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Celeste, TX
    haha just razzin you and making a police joke. I kinda want to buy a pig or lamb at a flat rate, especially if its butchered and wrapped to stuff my freezer full. Still thinking about it and I'm sure once I make a decision someone will have purchased already... I don't have room for half a cow however.
    I have 7 pigs I'll take to the processor over the next 3 months, those are just the biggest 2 i have scheduled to be processed. The next 2 are Hamp/ Hereford crosses. A little longer and somewhat leaner than the duroc/berk crosses, but the belly portion should be larger. I have a half steer I'm picking up next week sometime that I'll have retail cuts available and still have @ 70lbs of hamburger @$5.25lb over 20lbs is $5/lb and a few roasts from a steer I had processed back in November. All of the beef I sell retail cuts on is inspected if that matters.
    Bacon from the pig I kept last year
    8VaCY8C.jpg

BeCJOtH.jpg

G270ei5.jpg

Fullretard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    DFW
    Word to the wise about Rail19. The processor will keep the lard from your pigs. They keep the lard for making sausages.

You might want to ask about it, just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmottndfw

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Celeste, TX
    Word to the wise about Rail19. The processor will keep the lard from your pigs. They keep the lard for making sausages.

You might want to ask about it, just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think all the processors keep parts you don't ask for. On steers I have butchered for myself I always request the kindey fat, kidneys, tongue, cheeks, sweet breads, liver, kidney, hearts ( sometimes I keep the head) and request the femur be sliced in 3" pieces for soup or marrow. I'll give them a call and request to keep all the lard and see what they say. These duroc/ berk crosses should have a decent amount on them.

Top Bottom