Military Camp

Federal judge rules U.S. Air Force culpable for the Sutherland Springs shooting in 2017

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    "Judge Xavier Rodriguez in San Antonio said the Air Force was 60% responsible for the attack. [Shooter] is responsible for the remaining 40% of liability."

Yeah I do not subscribe to that line of thought.

Shooter was 100% responsible. Had he got the gun anonymously, would they still say he is 40% responsible with 60% unknown?

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I saw that earlier, 60% liability. Will force some changes in policy, but trying to get money out of the USG is like trying to juice a turnip.

Getting money from the U.S. Government is easy . . . if you're an illegal alien, a criminal, a freeloader or a left-wing marxist that hates this country.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    2ef21087cfe17f7b0ea802058492554a.jpg

• Wow
    Reactions: gll

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Number one rule of a lawsuit. Always go after the party with the deepest pockets if you want to get some money. Regardless of what people say, lawsuits are about money, plain and simple, not justice or righting any wrongs.
    I agree. Its day one lesson one of ambo chasing school.

That said.....

In this case the Airforce royally phucked up and would have full protection if they just did their job. Weather or not he would illegally have got a weapon is moot cause he didnt have to.

You, the gooberment, create these laws you should absolutely be held to account for your failure to follow them. They in essence created their own liability where it wouldnt otherwise exist.

If innocent people didn't die at the hands of evil I would laugh and bask in the irony of them phucking themselves.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least if appeals about the judgment were not already being filed with a higher court and judge. If the litigants get one dime from the settlement, it will probably be years before they see any of it.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    IMO, the CO/COs of the unit/units that did not submit the information to the FBI's list as required by law should be charged with dereliction of duty, court marshalled, and if found guilty, should be dishonorably discharged. No retirement benefits.

Top Bottom