If you want to sell them here....

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Any go to spot for your shops to sell your gun?
    I dunno know, maybe in their shop?

Attorney(?) and TGT member for <24hrs with 1 thread already deleted.

tenor.gif

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I don't sell my personal firearms.............I only buy........and occasionally gift some....

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    In approximate order of preference:

1. Texas Gun Talk "guns for sale"
    2. Texas Gun Trader
    3. Gun show
    4. Cut them up with a torch and bury them
    5. Sell to a gun store or pawn shop

This forum has pretty good visibility, and since it requires a location you will tend to get more local people contacting you. If you price things fairly or are willing to work a deal, it's not a bad option. Gun Trader is pretty easy to use. It has a small fee to join (to reduce spammers). The number of problems increases pretty quickly moving from here to Gun Trader. Beware of scammers - like someone from a different state offering you what seems like a great deal. Also you get those, "I see you're asking $900, will you take $150?" Also, "When is the next time you'll be passing through Dalhart?" "Could you meet me in Fritch?" "Are you willing to trade the Wilson Combat 1911 for a rusty Sears .22 held together with wood screws?"

Gun shows are always interesting. You're dealing with a bunch of gypsies that make money buying low and selling high. It can be weird. The last show where I tried to sell something, there was a kid who was maybe 10 years old minding a table. He asked what I had and then proceeded to try to work a deal. The kid was so good that, honestly, I looked hard to see if he was a midget. Of course they all want to work trades for the stuff they have on the table. It's a weird process and not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to walk around for a few hours and, if the show isn't busy, you might not sell anything. Best deal I've ever made at a gun show was when I traded a couple of guns for a pistol and some cash. The pistol didn't work right, but it turned out to be an easy fix (someone cut the spring trying to be a home gunsmith and screwed it up.)

Gun stores. I'd say "Last Resort of the Desperate". Example: I had a gun, new-in-box, that the MSRP is $1100. Generally you can knock $100 off of that amount to reach a typical gun store price. Probably wholesales for $800. Gun store offered me $250. I'm not trying to accuse them of anything - I realize they need to make a profit and that gun may sit in a case for a year. I'm just saying that it's not a first choice. On here or Gun Trader, you could probably get close to the $800, plus or minus a bit. Gun show you might get $500-$600, particularly if you can trade. Cutting it up and burying it will get you no money, but it will cut the risk of you punching the kid behind the counter at the pawn shop. Gun stores can be a little better than described if you're working a trade. I have done that before, and though I lost money on the deal, it still worked out ok. I had a pistol that just didn't work for me, and the store had a pistol I wanted badly. They gave me decent credit on the trade.

cmg88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Austin
    So, I am trying to get an idea of how to price some guns, but the price of complete/sold guns on gunbroker varies widely for what all appear to be good condition guns. WWYD? Take the average?

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    So, I am trying to get an idea of how to price some guns, but the price of complete/sold guns on gunbroker varies widely for what all appear to be good condition guns. WWYD? Take the average?
    I would say a lot of it depends on how fast you're looking to sell it. If you're in no hurry I would follow the start high and if nobody bites, then drop the price until it sells. If you're in need of immediate cash I would price it at a price you feel can live with.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    You can also sell on forums in other states but you'll have to go through their rules. Such as a specific number of posts before selling. California buys all kinds of guns but they have to be California compliable. Some just can't make that list. You also need to account for shipping I just pay it myself. I recently sold 7 in 2 other states.

Top Bottom