• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    Walmart for range fodder and hog hunting ammo, hardball Winchester white box 100 round pack for around $30. Cant beat it!!

For my personal defense/tactical ammo I go to a local gun shop/range called The Bullet Trap in Plano. They are great people there.

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Since I have a few military guns, I tend to buy my ammo (8MM Mauser, .303 British, and 7.62x25 Tokarev) at Military Gun Supply in FT Worth. They also have walls full of old military arms and don't mind if we go in and drool over tham all.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Haven't been able to find range ammo at Wal-Mart for a long time at NW Houston stores. I have ocassionally bought ammo at Academy. But with recent ammo shortage, I tend to go to the internet first. Much easier to shop at my desk than running all over town for nothing.

For 9mm and 5.56, my most frequent internet purchases have been at AmmoToGo, Palmetto State Armory, Wideners, Classic Arms, Collins Cartridges, and GunBroker.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have been able to stock up nicley at my local Wally Worlds and Academys here in Spring. Just a matter of getting there at the right time.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've been having the best luck at Academy, have 4-5 of them within 10 miles between home and work. Haven't found much at Wal-Mart, can find something at Bass Pro every now and then but they are a bit pricier.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I buy all of mine online. After Klinton got in office I bought $3K worth. With the Jugeared one took office I bought $7K's worth. I think I have enough primer for the rest of my life.

22bond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    dfw
    All from Wally until recently when I started to want some 38spl. Finally gave up and bought it online even though Academy started to have them in stock.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    For practice and range stuff I usually, like most of the OP, hit Wally World or Academy. But I also go right across the river to OK to a little gun shop and either buy or order my reloading supplies there.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    For range ammo, I go to my Dillon loader and run off a batch. Personal defense ammo I normally go to Don's in Victoria or Carroll's in Wharton. Carroll's can be a little high but they normally have what I want and I don't buy that much at one time.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I buy a lot from Georgia Arms, but they recently have been running 5-7 week back log. When I can find it, I'll buy Wally World. Just wish they would go back to Blazer instead of the Federal they have been selling.

For Defense ammo, I use Ammo to Go and a couple other tactical/police supply sites.

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Academy or Walmart for plinking stuff, shotgun shells, and some hunting rounds. Carter's Country for specialized hunting rounds. Midway USA, Cabelas, and Fulton Armory for match competition rounds for 7.62 x 51 (.308), .223, and .22LR.

22bond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    dfw
    I buy a lot from Georgia Arms, but they recently have been running 5-7 week back log. When I can find it, I'll buy Wally World. Just wish they would go back to Blazer instead of the Federal they have been selling.

For Defense ammo, I use Ammo to Go and a couple other tactical/police supply sites.
    Is there any difference between the Blazer and Federal?

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I have been getting most of my ammo on line, but have recently started shopping academy and wally with pretty good luck ... an online story -- ordered a pair of sneaks from Sportsman's Guide last spring and threw in a box of 50 S&B 230gr .45 FMJs ... it showed up yesterday, after three emails pushing the shipment back ... six months wait for a box of range ammo ... strange times ...

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Is there any difference between the Blazer and Federal?

I've only shot one box of the federal but I see a big difference. The Federal are very noticeably lower power than Blazer, they make a lot of smoke and seem particularly dirty. While I don't care to much about the dirt and smoke, as the gun gets cleaned no matter what is shot, the low power is an issue. It seems to effect the elevation POI at ranges 15 yards and over. Since I only shot one box, and have one left, I'll give it another try just in case I was imagining the performance.

Top Bottom