• What’s your favorite hot sauce?

• Total voters

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    If you really like it hot, put Da Bomb Ground Zero on your weenie.
    E1636FD7-0807-4370-8614-3A38CF5E4918.jpeg E1636FD7-0807-4370-8614-3A38CF5E4918.jpeg
    DK Firearms

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Kindof depends on the food I'm eating. I think tabasco is nice on eggs or a breakfast burrito, tabasco chipotle is nearly perfect for me as I have bought gallons of it over the years (yes gallons I'm buying it by the half gallon now). but for some reason cholula chipotle just tasted off to me.
    I'm really enjoying El Yucateco's smoke black label because I love that deep smoke/char flavor some others done, but when I know I'm making burrito bowls for the week their XXXtra hot Mayan is fantastic. Their base regular sauce is fine, just doesn't have enough unique flavor for me.
    I've also bought many half gallons of Valentina black label mostly for when I make mexican food at home. Got hooked on it in college from a burrito place. Sriracha isn't bad for a few things, but not really my go-to. I have made my own hot sauce last year when I had a decent crop from my cayenne plants. Simple 3 ingredient recipe that was fairly flavorful, nothing I could sell but still nice enough for dousing on food for a good cayenne flavor. I like big flavor regardless of heat, the ones that are simply face melting with minimal flavor I hate.

Where are you guys buying hot sauces by the bottle for cheap? The big labels or big brands are getting to be ridiculous; even Buccee's wants $8 a bottle or something for hot sauce. I just want to find new flavors to try.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    My go to now is Yellowbird Habenero Condiment. It is made in San Marcos and sold in HEB and local Walmarts. Great flavor that goes well with most anything, and the Habanero is just hot enough to satisfy my desire for heat, without the overpowering heat of a ghost pepper or carolina reaper.
    71QKWu3kJ5L._SL1500_.jpg

When its not available, I prefer XXXHot el Yacateco Habanero for color and flavor. Cheaper too.
    1348__40375.jpg
    And if I need a regular hot sauce, I do Texas Pete's Hotter Sauce.
    21wVMODnMWL.jpg

I have a bottle of "Brand New Assh*le" that I bought at a store in Seattle...haven't tried it yet...but had to buy it just for the name.
    Brand-New-Asshole-hot-sauce.jpg

Last edited:

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Tabasco made a Chipotle Sauce that tastes fantastic. Not a Chipotle pepper sauce but an actual Chipotle Sauce with a red label on the neck. Haven’t been able to find for about a year but it was excellent!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Love that Crystal tang with a little more heat than Louisiana.

>

‘’CRYSTAL’’ is but a dried Cayenne ‘’slurry’’. A.B. Foods (Alvin Baumer) items, in general, are substandard.

see: https://crystalhotsauce.com/about-crystal/

Come to the ‘’Hot Sauce‘’ region of SW LA and learn about Cajun Chef, TABASCO, Louisiana Brand / Bruce Foods, & Peppers International / Buillard products; all considerably better.

Those insisting on ’’New Orleans‘’ should try Reilly Foods’ ‘’Tiger Sauce’’, still crude, but much tastier than Crystal.

Welcome to TGT from the Bayou Teche !

leVieux

Top Bottom