• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just got it so not sure its my favorite...but its big, cheap, and hardier than the usual cheap bag--900D Cordura.

that is a good deal... dang it
    Guns International

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Vertx gamut. I had the original and 2.0, but the 2.0 was just a little too big for my taste. I got mine for like $60, its the one time optics planet didn't totally f me over.

The "1.0" has enough room for whatever i may need. A tripod, camera, lenses, laptop. An MP5, reloads, IFAK. A few days worth of water, food, clothes, etc. Not all at once, but I've got other packs if i need that much space.

It also doesn't scream "i have a gun".

Eta, that is until i pull the mp5 out.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    For urban wear specifically, Vintage Jansport backpack. Just mod the inside to support what you need. Everyone's seen 'em. No one gives it a second look. Dork nerd hippie in the streets. Subgun in the sheets. :cool:

Bonus points if it's in a subdued earth tone color with honest wear and tear. Gold star if you dress a little ratty to match.

jansport-tactical.jpg

(not my picture)

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    For urban wear specifically, Vintage Jansport backpack. Just mod the inside to support what you need. Everyone's seen 'em. No one gives it a second look. Dork nerd hippie in the streets. Subgun in the sheets. :cool:

Bonus points if it's in a subdued earth tone color with honest wear and tear. Gold star if you dress a little ratty to match.

View attachment 414815
    (not my picture)
    Don't know how they are nowadays but I bought a Jansport back in the nineties and still use it from time to time.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I donated my last SWEET backpack to the charity/church that collects items for the needy - out here in Montana.

It was still in VGC and was Made in the USA. It was a sweet LL BEAN backpack with NICE comfortable straps in deep forest green in a nice material - a type of canvas.

It was NOT heavy or meant to carry a super heavy load and it was divided up nicely, had quality zippers and was designed to be USED easily.

It was not a cheapo made one and it was bought in the middle (?) to late 90's. I used it on the East Coast, a bit in the Great Lakes region - home state at the time, on a trip to CO and for a short time frame out here in MT.

I do not have a backpack now but my husband does. He owns several types of packs for his gear.

I still own a SWEET duffle bag that I used for a 'carry on' when I USED TO FLY many moons ago made out of a very good fabric. That came from LL BEAN too.

It is made out of different fabric than my former backpack. I used that as a GUN BAG or for a BIG RANGE BAG later on too.

I kept it as I said but when I use a couple of those RF rifles, I have the rifles in their individual rifle cases, and the ammo for the range day in the portable ammo cans. I do not take the BIG and nice LL Bean duffle bag to the range but I will still KEEP it for now.

I gave away a couple of my late husband's military duffle bags and 'sea bags' before I moved out west to some close friends.

Old Lady Cate

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I donated my last SWEET backpack to the charity/church that collects items for the needy - out here in Montana.

It was still in VGC and was Made in the USA. It was a sweet LL BEAN backpack with NICE comfortable straps in deep forest green in a nice material - a type of canvas.

It was NOT heavy or meant to carry a super heavy load and it was divided up nicely, had quality zippers and was designed to be USED easily.

It was not a cheapo made one and it was bought in the middle (?) to late 90's. I used it on the East Coast, a bit in the Great Lakes region - home state at the time, on a trip to CO and for a short time frame out here in MT.

I do not have a backpack now but my husband does. He owns several types of packs for his gear.

I still own a SWEET duffle bag that I used for a 'carry on' when I USED TO FLY many moons ago made out of a very good fabric. That came from LL BEAN too.

It is made out of different fabric than my former backpack. I used that as a GUN BAG or for a BIG RANGE BAG later on too.

I kept it as I said but when I use a couple of those RF rifles, I have the rifles in their individual rifle cases, and the ammo for the range day in the portable ammo cans. I do not take the BIG and nice LL Bean duffle bag to the range but I will still KEEP it for now.

I gave away a couple of my late husband's military duffle bags and 'sea bags' before I moved out west to some close friends.

Old Lady Cate
    LL Bean makes some really durable gear. High quality stuff. I have several flannel shirts that seem a little heavier and better made than most.

And I just tried out an insulated rain jacket that is fantastic.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have always been a fan of Maxpedition packs and bags. I have get Maxpedition backpacks that are home bags in each vehicle. I have another one for traveling and I also have a Primary Arms bag that I use, too.

Right now, Maxpedition is having a BOGO sale. I don't really need anything but, BOGO gets my attention.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    GHB is a Red Rock Mavrik, the inside is totally customizable with velcro so you can rearrange smaller bags.

My current 3 day assault is set up as a go bag. Mystery Ranch 3 day assault. It's probably the best bag I have.

9sQN1WG.jpg

tm4mnz9.jpg

ybc7sFB.jpg

What is your favorite backpack? Do you have one? Something to carry your gear? I have rucksacks for hiking and camping, but for the last 20 years I have gone about every where with my Spec Ops THE Pack. Spec Ops is a Texas based company and of the first to sell Molle gear to the public. Bought a bunch of their stuff in the early 2000’s and up until I retired from the military in 2012. It’s held up well from vacations to war. Travel or bugout THE Pack is a durable and adaptable backpack I have trusted my life to. A good backpack can be an important piece of gear.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom