• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I have a standard 10/22 receiver and bolt matched to a volquartzen barrel that fails to eject 1 out of every 10 rounds. I replaced the ejector with a KIDD ejector and spring but the problem persists. It will pull the case from the chamber but won't throw it clear of the bolt. What is my next step?
    Guns International

Bigtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Indiana
    What ammo are you using? If it's standard/low velocity, your recoil spring may the culprit. It could be short stroking. Also is the action clean? A gummed up action could also cause this.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Sorry extractor and spring. I have completely taken the gun apart and cleaned every nook and cranny. It fails to eject with everything I've tried. From cheap thunder to match grade ammo. The federal match grade 40gr shoots very well out of it and seems to jam less but I still get a failure to eject every 10 rounds. Sometimes it stove pipes other times the round looks like a double feed but the top one has fired.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Dirty chamber can cause this issue.
    Not saying it is 100% , but it's a quick thing to try.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Make sure you timed the extractor notch properly. Regardless of the brand on barrel block used to mount them there is always a tad of play. Maybe the extractor is rubbing it just enough to cause some failures.
    It also has to be cut deep enough for the extractor to get a good bite. If it's shallow, the extractor may barely be catching the rim. Lastly I'd try a new spring and plunger. I've seen a few disappear on disassembly, never to be found again.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Make sure you timed the extractor notch properly. Regardless of the brand on barrel block used to mount them there is always a tad of play. Maybe the extractor is rubbing it just enough to cause some failures.
    It also has to be cut deep enough for the extractor to get a good bite. If it's shallow, the extractor may barely be catching the rim. Lastly I'd try a new spring and plunger. I've seen a few disappear on disassembly, never to be found again.
    His problem is not failure to extract but failure to eject unless I read something wrong. Do those extractor problems affect ejection too?

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I replace the charging handle back to factory original and the stovepipes are fewer. It still jams about once every 20 or so rounds.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    eject. It pulls the case out and sometimes stovepipes and others the shell jams between the charging handle and the outer edge of the reciever.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    When you mentioned the rounds jammed into a fired case I figured it was an extraction issue. If it's not kicking out all the way, I would pull the trigger group out to inspect the ejector.

There's really not much to them on a 10/22. Maybe yours is bent or too short. Usually the bolt keeps them in a downward position. Also if you are running a buffer maybe it's causing the bolt to rebound too quickly to fully eject. I'd consider putting the steel pin back in and retest if so.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    every 10 rounds seems fairly regular, it is always the same shot that jams? say shot 7/10 or 9/10? in my rem 597 i had the 9th round stove pipe conistently and couldnt figure it out, i replace the magazine of all things and it runs like a champ, cant find any discernable difference in the mags but the older one sill stove pipes on 9/10.

Top Bottom