• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I used to eat Shakey's Pizza about 3 times a week. Twice for their lunch special and then on either Friday or Saturday night. But the best I ever had was in a bar in Germany. The little Italian gal that owned it would make you a pizza if she liked you. Thin, Crispy, not too much sauce, Mushrooms, garlic, and various sausages. You didn't get to specify, she made what she wanted and it was all terrific.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    For a few years there was a guy from Chicago that had a shop in McKinney. First time I’d had Chicago style pizza. It was maybe the best I’ve had. He sold out or didn’t make it. It’s gone now.

These days I eat a thin crust when I have pizza to minimize the crust / carbs. Usually have pepperoni with banana peppers. My recent favorite.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I once loved pizza but something about marinara sauce now just doesn't taste right. Maybe it's my age but it seems like the good old buttery pan pizza where the primary taste was the ingredients and cheese seems to be overwhelmed by marinara sauce flavor. The spouse likes Papa John's which is only a few blocks away so I settle on their Papa Bowls which don't have the overwhelming marinara flavor. Pizza Hut was good years ago but seems to have the same issue. Cici's is tolerable since many of their pizzas don't have marinara sauce. My youngest daughter seems to have the same issue with overwhelming marinara flavor.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I once loved pizza but something about marinara sauce now just doesn't taste right. Maybe it's my age but it seems like the good old buttery pan pizza where the primary taste was the ingredients and cheese seems to be overwhelmed by marinara sauce flavor. The spouse likes Papa John's which is only a few blocks away so I settle on their Papa Bowls which don't have the overwhelming marinara flavor. Pizza Hut was good years ago but seems to have the same issue. Cici's is tolerable since many of their pizzas don't have marinara sauce. My youngest daughter seems to have the same issue with overwhelming marinara flavor.

I do. When I have to order from PH, I specify "Light Sauce". Most of the time, that works.....if the kitchen staff can actually read.....

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Any frozen pizza. Why because they have it down to a Science.
    How can we make pizza for say $1or less each and sell it cheap yet still make $$$ profit? It's science so it's Good!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My wife has a sensitivity to tomato sauce and orders pizza with no pizza sauce and instead gets "white pizza" with I think alfredo sauce.

Top Bottom