• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Is Chicago deep dish pizza actually pizza?

I love it, fer sure, but IMO it's a casserole, not a pizza.
    I made my first crustless pizza 1 because the crust puts me to sleep, 2 no good pizzas to be had around here, #Because I know I can do better.

Already bought this weeks versions ingredients. Really is that simple as building layers of flavor, you should try it if you like Chicago deepish. Personally never ate the deep pizzas grown up.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife's homemade pizza. She rolls her own crust. Hand tossed until thin. Homemade sauce. We like boarshead mozz and parm cheese... freshly grated. Pepperoni, Italian sausage, onion, bellpepper, mushroom, finely diced garlic clove and fresh thinly sliced basil. I would like to build a brick oven. It would take her pizza to the next level.

It may taste good, but I don't like sloppy salty greasy pizza.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Canadian bacon, green olives, and pickled jalapeños on a thin crust.

Pizza Inn had it in the early 70’s. Many converts since.

Star Pizza did it justice before the bug.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Pepperoni and mushroom with extra cheese followed by candian bscon with pinapple.

Combine the Candian bscon from your second choice with the mushrooms from your first choice and ya got one of my favs.

My other favs:
    1. Massive combo pizza; you can even add anchovies if you use hot pepper cheese and jalapeno slices... of course, beer will be involved.
    2. Cheese pizza with cocktail shrimp. Shakey's used to make these... can't find a Shakey's now. lol

My Jr H.S. best friend's mom was pure italian... when she made pizza it was more like lasagna, layered. She would be rolling over at the sin of putting pineapple on a pizza!!!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    My favorite is meatball pizza. I mean sliced homemade meatballs not meat crumbs like some places try to pass off. Brothers Pizza on Highway 6 and I10 or the Brooklyn Pizza 99 and West belfort are the best near me.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Pizza Inn didn't even use real cheese. and Star
    pizza was said to be Chicago pizza I personally never experienced it.

Buffet + 6’4” 200# Black hole = ....

Never been to Chitown but the Chicago Pizza in Westbury Square in the Mid and late 70’s was incredible and I was told it was representative. Star Pizza thick crust isn’t Chicago with the frame of reference I have.

Their whole wheat crust is great but Star Pizza after almost 40 years isn’t near what it used be since I came back. One of the many places adversely affected by the bug.

Droubis as well. I think you might know it.

Top Bottom