• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SapperMapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Killeen
    I know some of us here have talked to Mr. Williams of Astro Shooting Range in Florence about a website, and he's either refused outright or jerked people around. I offered to do some web design for him last year and his reason was "My wife don't like the internet, and that's all I can say."

Here's my question: What's to stop those of us in the Killeen/Georgetown area from starting a facebook group or page for posting pictures, scheduling TGT meet-n-greets, that kind of thing?

Should we ask for his blessing or at least give him a heads up? Or is this a case of "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission"?

Who else here is on facebook and would be interested in contributing or being an admin?

Basically, it would be a free web presence for the range, I get that. Of course, it would be limited to people on facebook, but that's the new generation of shooters. Whether them old guys are askeered of the intartubez, that's the way the world works these days.

However, it might drive more business his way. More business equals better facilities, lower costs, and (more to the point) the range stays open! Not to mention he's fighting a lawsuit, the more business we drive his way could help his case - "I get XXXX shooters a month and generate $XX,XXX revenue for the county per year - you gonna shut me down?"

If I was entirely convinced this was a good idea, I would just do it and invite others to join. But I'm asking for input, y'all. Lay it on me.

I'm on facebook as Jason Deckman, for those who are interested, send me a friend request.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Is Astro better than Stans? Sorry to hijack your thread. I have been to both, but shot at neither. Just curious if it is the range itself, or the owners.

SapperMapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Killeen
    I do like the facilities better at Astro. More shooting lanes, the place in general seems a bit cleaner and better maintained. Everybody can tell you their personal horror story of mistreatment at the hands of each range owner. I had a bad deal at Stan's and switched. Never looked back and Astro's staff has always been cool. Astro is just down the road from Lampasas, too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom