• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There is an amazing amount of radioactive material already stored around Texas because they can't find a real home for it. There's an old oil storage tank in El Paso storing many tons of radioactive slag from a steel plant. It's not a good way to store it, but until there's a real and regulated place, there it sits. Nobody wants it in their backyard, but the fact is that it's already there and it would be better to have a specifically designed facility for it.
    City of Andrews fought long and hard for the nuke waste plant that ultimately went in across the state line in New Mexico.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Do you understand what the word collateral means?

Yes, without wiki or google I typically use it to mean something that accompanies primary things or something that runs parallel to a primary thing. Almost as if it is a secondary thing. EDIT -- I just thought of it.. It can also be used as a pledge to provide to a lender from a borrower. Not that that applies here, but it is one of the definitions.

The problem with waste versus a nuclear explosion is waste could seep into the ground water 100 meters down. The radiation from a nuclear explosion would be mostly blocked by water.

The problem with nuclear waste is it doesn't go away and if something bad like a leak or a **** up happens its going to end up in that aquifer. I don't know about you, but I don't want 1/3 of the crops in the US irrigated by nuclear waste infused ground water.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Yes, without wiki or google I typically use it to mean something that accompanies primary things or something that runs parallel to a primary thing. Almost as if it is a secondary thing. EDIT -- I just thought of it.. It can also be used as a pledge to provide to a lender from a borrower. Not that that applies here, but it is one of the definitions.

The problem with waste versus a nuclear explosion is waste could seep into the ground water 100 meters down. The radiation from a nuclear explosion would be mostly blocked by water.

The problem with nuclear waste is it doesn't go away and if something bad like a leak or a **** up happens its going to end up in that aquifer. I don't know about you, but I don't want 1/3 of the crops in the US irrigated by nuclear waste infused ground water.
    This!

An hour South of me...

For years, the youngsters of Apollo, Pa had the HIGHEST incidence of LEUKEMIA & other CANCERS of anywhere on the planet.

The Short Version? B&W stored TONS of PLUTONIUM and other ORDNANCE GRADE Materiel in 55gal drums...which leached into the ground water...

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    This!

An hour South of me...

For years, the youngsters of Apollo, Pa had the HIGHEST incidence of LEUKEMIA & other CANCERS of anywhere on the planet.

The Short Version? B&W stored TONS of PLUTONIUM and other ORDNANCE GRADE Materiel in 55gal drums...which leached into the ground water...

Great, let’s give the cleanup to the same people who weaponized kitty litter:

Almin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2021
    SA
    Look up Yucca Mountain. It was supposed to be the waste place.
    And OOPS
    Congress in 1987 designated a ridge in the Nevada desert about 90 miles north of Las Vegas called Yucca Mountain to be the nation’s repository. But decades of political opposition led by Nevada Democrat and former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid kept the project from moving forward. In 2010, President Barack Obama scrapped the plan and the Biden administration opposes its use as well.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The idea of Mutant liberals scares me. They are already mutant. This storage issue has been running for 40 yrs or so.

Top Bottom