• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've seen some video. Very powerful intense blast wave.

We had a air gas delivery plant go off in Phoenix once. Launched hundreds of those big welding gas tanks into homes and neighborhoods for hours. The bleed off valves didnt work as intended and many went up like mortar rounds.

I wouldnt buy a house near one of those plants/yards. Alot of homes are going to be condemned or required lots of work just from the blast wave.

While I dont want to sound like I'm trivializing 2 deaths, I'm glad for the locals its wasnt worse. Man if it happend aroynd 10 or 11 it could have been worse.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    We have some very good somewhat elderly friends who have (had?) a condo about 1,000' from the explosion. Their ceiling is down in several rooms, the walls are bowed and the windows are shattered. Fortunately, they can stay with the wife's daughter in Spring Valley until things get sorted out. We are just thankful that they are okay.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Shook my house and we are several miles away. I got home from work at about 2:30 and was just laying down when the house shook. I thought someone was trying to open my front door. Grabbed the pistol but couldn’t find what the sound actually was. Didn’t find out what it was until I woke up around noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Hearing it was arson.

That or SQL went to Taco Bell last night.

Northwest...not me, that was @EZ-E with the chalupa chunder.

Seriously though, it'd be nice if this shit quit happening here. Sucks that two died. :(

We didn't feel or hear anything down this way but I hadn't quite woken up then either.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I live I NW Houston, Cypress Tomball area. Slept thru it. Had no idea till this afternoon. What a scary deal.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Friends in the newer developments in or around katy captured the sound of the explosion at around 4:20 AM on their security camera inside their garage.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Im normally up around the time the explosion occurred, but decided to actually go to sleep that night.

I was in 5th grade and standing at the bus stop when I heard the salt dome explode in Brenham. At the time I lived in North Houston about 60 miles away. That was a huge explosion as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I've seen some video. Very powerful intense blast wave.

We had a air gas delivery plant go off in Phoenix once. Launched hundreds of those big welding gas tanks into homes and neighborhoods for hours. The bleed off valves didnt work as intended and many went up like mortar rounds.

I wouldnt buy a house near one of those plants/yards. Alot of homes are going to be condemned or required lots of work just from the blast wave.

While I dont want to sound like I'm trivializing 2 deaths, I'm glad for the locals its wasnt worse. Man if it happend aroynd 10 or 11 it could have been worse.
    Mayor said the same thing about how it could have been worse yesterday morning. I wouldn't say that puts you in good company, but I think it's a good sentiment.

I'm hearing talk that there is going to be drama over how the plant got permitted to put that stuff where it was. I guess more will come out in the news, if there's more on it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Mayor said the same thing about how it could have been worse yesterday morning. I wouldn't say that puts you in good company, but I think it's a good sentiment.

I'm hearing talk that there is going to be drama over how the plant got permitted to put that stuff where it was. I guess more will come out in the news, if there's more on it.
    Ya I cant watch your mayor or police chief. For that matter none of the big 4 from TX.

Again I'm praying for the families and displaced home owners. Lots of home may be condemned and that means, probable higher insc rates for the zip code and, long term hotels and displacement.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom