ARJ Defense ad

Ever lost anything during your time at the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've lost the front sight off of a 1911. The older sights are pinned and are notorious for breaking off.

I had a guy walk off with my spotting scope. I had a bunch of gear at the range that day and it was getting late. I had to make a couple of trips to the truck. I checked the bench and everything was cleared off of it, but when I got home I realized my spotting scope was gone. I think the guy who did it actually waved at me as I was leaving. Fortunately, it was a cheap scope.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Fun y you bring this thread up. I had my glock out last weekend and the front sight was loose. I'll go pickup some blue loctite today.

I know I've lost a few magazines at the range. Definitely one for my wife's 243 and one for my glock 48. Probably fell on the ground under the table.and I didn't notice until the next range trip.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    20220528_191054.jpg

If I lose anything at the range....I just go back and get it later....lol

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Blue is easy to break, don’t put red or you’ll have problems.

243 is a blue loctite that requires heat to break and there’s red that does not need heat to break.

For a lot of firearm applications, I prefer purple (222) since it’s designed to not shear the screw on removal.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Not at a range, but shooting out in the desert i lost the mag to my highpoint.
    It wasn't in my gear bag when I got home.

Please don't ask why I owned a highpoint.

I decided it was better to sell the highpoint then to invest another $15 into the POS.

Also one time out in the desert a pretty bad storm kicked up. Rain and wind. We packed up so fast and hit the road. An hour later i realized my AR500 plates and rebar stands were still out there on a hill side.

Had to double back to get them.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    How about thought I lost? For some reason, years ago, I took my wife's car to the range. Got home and couldn't find a 1911 mag. Looked everywhere. Probably 6 months later, I was cleaning her car and found the fully loaded mag down in the spare tire well in the trunk. I learned a lesson though - I always, always double check to make sure I've got everything before I leave the range.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    How about thought I lost? For some reason, years ago, I took my wife's car to the range. Got home and couldn't find a 1911 mag. Looked everywhere. Probably 6 months later, I was cleaning her car and found the fully loaded mag down in the spare tire well in the trunk. I learned a lesson though - I always, always double check to make sure I've got everything before I leave the range.
    I was car shopping at carmax and lost a magazine for my XDs. It had double sided mag release and it must have pushed on my belt and dropped free. Someone was gonna be in for a surprise there.

I sold that pistol shortly after that because of that design flaw.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ac130abovegetdown

It’s our God given right to own and carry firearms
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    SATX
    Not at a range, but shooting out in the desert i lost the mag to my highpoint.
    It wasn't in my gear bag when I got home.

Please don't ask why I owned a highpoint.

I decided it was better to sell the highpoint then to invest another $15 into the POS.

Also one time out in the desert a pretty bad storm kicked up. Rain and wind. We packed up so fast and hit the road. An hour later i realized my AR500 plates and rebar stands were still out there on a hill side.

Had to double back to get them.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Hi-Point mags are more expensive than the gun lol. Hey, at least you didn’t lose those AR500 plates of the stand.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Lost my temper once at a range Nazi officer who started telling me off for violating a safety rule - putting my rifle into a rack with the bolt closed during a cease fire. When he actually looked at my gun he saw the action was open and it was in the rack as it should be but for some reason he seemed to think otherwise. Guy was up mine arse for a half hour or so for imaginary range violations. He yelled at a few other folks too apparently for nothing real. That stuff kept until I finally decided to leave and I lost my temper telling him off before departing. Another range officer there tried to placate me by telling me the guy was a arsehat with everyone. Went right to the range office and lodged a complaint. The jerk was fired within a week or couple of weeks at most because he kept that crap up with other folks.

Other than my temper, all I can remember right now is I lost a magazine locking plate when it popped out of a mag after I dropped the mag and the base plate came off.

Top Bottom