Venture Surplus ad

Ever lost anything during your time at the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Lost my temper once at a range Nazi officer who started telling me off for violating a safety rule - putting my rifle into a rack with the bolt closed during a cease fire. When he actually looked at my gun he saw the action was open and it was in the rack as it should be but for some reason he seemed to think otherwise. Guy was up mine arse for a half hour or so for imaginary range violations. He yelled at a few other folks too apparently for nothing real. That stuff kept until I finally decided to leave and I lost my temper telling him off before departing. Another range officer there tried to placate me by telling me the guy was a arsehat with everyone. Went right to the range office and lodged a complaint. The jerk was fired within a week or couple of weeks at most because he kept that crap up with other folks.

Other than my temper, all I can remember right now is I lost a magazine locking plate when it popped out of a mag after I dropped the mag and the base plate came off.
    Oh, been there! RO saw a shoot-n-see sticker on my target and proceeded to tell me they didn't allow them. Me: " You sell them in your shop! Where is that on your (LONG) list of rules posted 10 feet away?" RO: Well, it's not on there, but it's a rule. Then he says, "I know you old guys can't see very well, so I'll let this one slide." Me: "One more word and this old guy is gonna plant his foot up your a$$." Same RO wouldn't say anything to some gang-bangers, despite complaints from other shooters on the range. I don't remember why I happened to use that range on that day, but it's been a decade or so since I was there.
    Target Sports

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    1) Left some red dot windage and elevation adjustment caps...
    2) My pride, on an overly caffeinated range-day...

3) GOT an AR mag that jammed on their AR rifle, BUT never had one issue in any of ours...
    BUT this one was gifted... manually to us, and one of those guys said something along the lines of "never let that woman get away from you", referring to my wife.
    :D

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    2) My pride, on an overly caffeinated range-day...

3) GOT an AR mag that jammed on their AR rifle, BUT never had one issue in any of ours...
    BUT this one was gifted... manually to us, and one of those guys said something along the lines of "never let that woman get away from you", referring to my wife.
    :D
    being overly caffeinated is under-rated!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Only range I've ever been to with a range officer was deitz range around New Braunfels. He wasn't a dick about anything but politely asked me to remove an empty mag from under my rifle because it looked like it was in the rifle I guess. First time I met moonpie and Robert.

After reading some other posts here I can say I also lost a mag floor plate once. Dropped the mag out of the pistol and it shot apart. Luckily I was able to find a replacement on numrich for a buck fifty.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Left a bag of 45-70 and 357 mag brass that I spent several minutes hunting for all of it after a range trip. Someone scored that.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I was car shopping at carmax and lost a magazine for my XDs. It had double sided mag release and it must have pushed on my belt and dropped free. Someone was gonna be in for a surprise there.

I sold that pistol shortly after that because of that design flaw.

I lost a magazine in my yard once. Found it a month later.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Not the range, but I lost a pair of binoculars hunting one year. I had taken a deer and it took me a while to drag him from the brush and into a field so that I could field- dress him. Somewhere along the way I lost my binoculars.

Two years later, hunting from the same blind, I shot another buck at almost the same exact spot. I went into the brush and started to drag him out, and along the way glanced down and saw a dusty. dirty pair of binoculars laying in the leaves. They worked just as well as ever.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom