• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Funny stuff. We never thought of shooting tooth picks but we did shoot kitchen matches out of my Daisy 25. Shot them head first, without a Bb, at a brick wall and would they explode. Shoot them head down with a BB and they exited the gun on fire. Stupid kid stuff.
    I shot them against a wall but never with a BB. I wish I had thought of it. I might have to buy a BB gun to try it.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I shot them against a wall but never with a BB. I wish I had thought of it. I might have to buy a BB gun to try it.
    Back then, the "strike anywhere" matches were common. Now they are hard to find and the "strike on box" matches don't work as well.
    I used to shoot household matches out of my .22 Benjamin. I don't think they will fit down the barrel of a .177. I remember experimenting with home made darts made with a match stick and a sewing needle and shooting them through the Benjamin. Even tried adding paper fins. It was more trouble than it was worth, heh.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Okay, I wasn't going to mention this, but about 60 years ago, I intentionally shot myself with my Daisy Model 25. I had on some fairly thick leather shoes and calculated, incorrectly, that they would protect me from pain. Set the muzzle on top of the shoe about where the toes meet the instep and launched a BB. Damn was I wrong. It hurt like a Mo Fo. Didn't break the leather or the skin, but felt like a hammer blow. Well, education is expensive, and sometimes painful. The Model 25 has a good bit more oomph than a Red Ryder.

1609328359820.png

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I remember the day at papaws house I’m out shooting shit with my daisy and my sister comes out and wants to shoot it. We banter for a bit and I hand it to her. She grins, cocks the daisy, and says “run”. I got hit in the ass (running lol) then we both got our ass beat. I’m still not sure why I got beat but I had a red mark from the pecan switch & a red spot from the BB!

Good times

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    Back then, the "strike anywhere" matches were common. Now they are hard to find and the "strike on box" matches don't work as well.
    I used to shoot household matches out of my .22 Benjamin. I don't think they will fit down the barrel of a .177. I remember experimenting with home made darts made with a match stick and a sewing needle and shooting them through the Benjamin. Even tried adding paper fins. It was more trouble than it was worth, heh.
    Yeah, I haven’t seen real strike anywhere kitchen matches in a long time. I keep buying newer crappy ones thinking I’m getting the real thing.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yeah, I haven’t seen real strike anywhere kitchen matches in a long time. I keep buying newer crappy ones thinking I’m getting the real thing.
    I used to smoke (quit 2011) and for a while cartons of Doral came with metal tins of kitcken matches. I still have the three that I had gotten and will give them a try.

MrOrangeVest

Troublemaker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    I suspect about 30% of American males got into it with their brothers and the guns came out.

This pt came in for wisdom teeth. Brother shot the pt years ago. The pellet was annoying but not painful.

It's gone now!
    d90b8de8f5af0aea090ec6c91c2ade1d.jpg
    The RDH in me loves seeing this stuff. Did rotations at one of the prison units in Huntsville back in school. Saw a lot of buckshot and bullets on in-processing pans. Not so much in the nice civilized private practice world, but we'd just be sending them out to the local OMFS anyway. Y'all get to do some cool stuff.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    We had Red Ryder fights when we were kids but made sure no head shots and had to be facing away. Dad found out and whipped my ass and my older cousins for convincing me to partake...
    My cousin shot me in the heel of my leather Coleman hunting boot when I was about ten. The BB went through the leather and stopped before breaking skin but damn it left a big bone bruise. Deer lease days...
    Shooting the 22 rifle at stumps in the lake and one came right back and hit me in the forehead but just left a red mark from the heat. I could hear it coming.
    My buddy has a 54 caliber air rifle that will put a hole big enough to stick my thumb in and a couple inches deep in an oak tree. He hunts hogs and deer with it and has no problem killing them.

jockster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Lived next door to a guy who had 2 Daisy Model 25's and he'd invite his buddies over for BB gun fights. This was in the South so the only attire was shorts or cutoffs - no shirts & barefoot. Sometimes they'd stand about 15 feet apart, cocking and firing BBs at each other till one guy fell down. Another time two guys told another one "Dance!" & shot at his bare feet. Once one of them said to one of the unarmed spectators he could shoot him, the guy said "I dare you to." He couldn't believe what he was hearing, until he repeated "I DARE you to!" He obliged him. Fun stuff.

Top Bottom