• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Our lease is up in Feb. on the Denali and it has been a decent ride but now it is time to get something else. Nav has been redone since 2017 (when we got our Denali) and the big selling point is 3rd row leg room for us. There are times when I carry 3 folks back there but not too often. We can also get a console in the middle row which I think some of my executives will appreciate. I don't have the ultimate decision but boss wants my input. The Denali and Escalade have not been revamped since we got ours.

How is the twin turbo engine? Avg MPG (I get 18 now in the Denali) What color did you go with? I am looking at Silver - lighter but still professional. A lot of my executives have gotten confused with all the black SUVS at pickup spots. How is the display up front? Going to run Android phone and Waze off the screen.

Any other vehicles I should consider? I saw the 2020 MB GLS online and they say 3rd room is good but it has two seats and not a bench seat. I would think maintenance would be a problem as well. Same as the X7.
    Texas SOT

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Navigator or Expedition. If I were buying, I would shy away from GM and MB and the twin turbos. In a two or three year lease, they should be just fine since they are still under warranty. The twin turbos will get better gas mileage than a V8 as long as you keep your foot light. But, heh, twin turbos, who's gonna do that.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’d go Expedition or Navi, which will have the TTV6. They haul the mail.
    The IRS on the Navi/Expy give a good ride and handling also.

The interior of the Navigator is amazing.

The GM SUVs will be all new in a year or two, and they’ll have IRS. But like all things GM, best not to buy a first-year model IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Yeah, I keep going back to the Nav. Another Q for you car guys - What is the difference between leasing from a dealer and say D&M leasing? The Denali is leased from Enterprise because we use them for our rentals corporately. They sourced it from James Wood locally and had it delivered to me. They are giving me some leeway and stated to send them some numbers from a dealer and go from there. It's like $1600 for the basic lease but once you throw in the maintenance package and our dept fee (as a business we love billing to our projects), it comes out to $1800 a month on the Denali.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I drove an Expedition from San Marcos to Houston and back. It had the ecoboost in it and I averaged 24 MPG, and it had lots of power. I was impressed.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Yeah, I keep going back to the Nav. Another Q for you car guys - What is the difference between leasing from a dealer and say D&M leasing? The Denali is leased from Enterprise because we use them for our rentals corporately. They sourced it from James Wood locally and had it delivered to me. They are giving me some leeway and stated to send them some numbers from a dealer and go from there. It's like $1600 for the basic lease but once you throw in the maintenance package and our dept fee (as a business we love billing to our projects), it comes out to $1800 a month on the Denali.

Go with cost.
    Not much diff leasing from a dealer vs lease agency...I can’t think of any downsides.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Expedition Max or the long wheelbase Navigator. Those new Navigators are nice. I’m not in the market for a luxury SUV but if Inwas that would be the one. I have a long wheelbase Expedition and the rear room is nice. Plenty of space behind the third row and the third row is plenty roomy too.

Several guys at work have the newer EcoBoost, no complaints from them. Great MPG with no load, with a trailer you lose some MPG. Pulls a trailer great, plenty of power. They said as good as or better than the 5.4 they had previously.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    $1800.....damn!

Between those options, the Navigator. We love our Expedition EL (5.4 L engine issues and all) and will eventually replace it with an Expedition Max when it's time.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Well, it ain't my money and you can not haul Executives in a Lambo at high speed. $1800x36 all inclusive is not too bad for what ypu get.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    That's 65k. Couldn't you buy it for that and have some trade in cash in 3 years? Or am I still living in the 90s?

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    GM Financial does commercial leasing now if you go the GM route which I would suggest.

Of course I am biased.
    Yeah I am not against another Denali or Escalade but it is hard to argue more leg room in the 3rd row and a re-design . Plus the increased leg room applies in the regular Nav or longer Nav. The regualr Nav is shorter than the Denali which is what I also like driving around downtown or Lemmon Ave. On a frequent basis. Easier to maneuver.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    That's 65k. Couldn't you buy it for that and have some trade in cash in 3 years? Or am I still living in the 90s?
    Still living in 90's. Mid Package Escalades or Navs run 85-90K depending on what you option for. When they delivered my Denali in 2017, MSRP was 88K. I doubt that price was considered in the lease but even a base MB GL whatever starts at 72K.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    At some point, $100k for new vehicles became the norm. It’s insane...

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Still living in 90's. Mid Package Escalades or Navs run 85-90K depending on what you option for. When they delivered my Denali in 2017, MSRP was 88K. I doubt that price was considered in the lease but even a base MB GL whatever starts at 72K.

Sheesh! Window sticker on my '03 Eddie Bauer was almost 43k. I didn't realize that they had doubled in price since.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    beb (1).jpg

Attachments

• beb (1).jpg
      beb (1).jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 370
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant