• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Dsparil check out between job ministries in spring. I went for the first time today and I'm supposed to be going to lunch with some oil/gas big wigs in the next week or so. Thr guys words were "I can get you put to work tomorrow"
    Lynx Defense

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That sounds awesome. I doubt I'd be doing lunch with anyone since I'd be entry-level but I'll definitely check that out. I'm heading out of town next week on a bit of job hunt. I'll be staying right below San Antonio in Embeldorf or wherever (got the place written down).

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    That sounds awesome. I doubt I'd be doing lunch with anyone since I'd be entry-level but I'll definitely check that out. I'm heading out of town next week on a bit of job hunt. I'll be staying right below San Antonio in Embeldorf or wherever (got the place written down).

I applied for an oil job out there(Elmendorf) not too long ago.

Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    RIGZONE - The Career Center for Oil & Gas Professionals

Is a good place to start. Most of the jobs require some type of experience except floor hand and roustabout (offshore) but it will get you in the door.

Right now in the oil industry, all facets of it mine being a supply boat captain, is that there are not enough EXPERIENCED people to go around. We are in a chicken or egg scenario right now. Lot's of people want to get in, but nobody wants to give them the experience, yet all the companies want you to have years of experience.

You really need to know somebody on the inside to help get your application in front of the H&R guy.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I tried rigzone. Same difference, they want experience. I tried the thing of getting my resume in front of the H&R guy with a few people who I know who work in the industry. Even that didn't work. Two of the HR guys said my resume was fine they just weren't interested. I was like ok whatever. Making my list of mom and pop companies to visit just south of San Antonio this week.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    4K every two weeks is a goldmine to me LOL. I don't have any ties here so my money is pretty much my own to spend. Last job I had I was pulling 1.8k every two weeks. Thanks for the info.
    Then you will be paid nearly the same. In 2 weeks you will work 14 days @ 12 hours a day. Assuming the low end at $3000.00/2weeks, $3000 / 168 hours, that is $17.86/hr. You do not get paid on your week off, so plan on using some the money to cover that.
    I work offshore sometimes and they always brag that they only work half a year, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. But in reality in a month (assume 4 weeks) I work 4, 40 hour work weeks = 160 hours, they work 168. It is nearly the same, but I go home every night, they are offshore for 2 weeks.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    RIGZONE - The Career Center for Oil & Gas Professionals

Is a good place to start. Most of the jobs require some type of experience except floor hand and roustabout (offshore) but it will get you in the door.

Right now in the oil industry, all facets of it mine being a supply boat captain, is that there are not enough EXPERIENCED people to go around. We are in a chicken or egg scenario right now. Lot's of people want to get in, but nobody wants to give them the experience, yet all the companies want you to have years of experience.

You really need to know somebody on the inside to help get your application in front of the H&R guy.

What's funny is I had extreme difficulty finding entry-level listings on Rigzone. i even tried going to one of their job fairs and they had a defacto "**** off" sign that said must have 2 years experience in order to attend.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    What's funny is I had extreme difficulty finding entry-level listings on Rigzone. i even tried going to one of their job fairs and they had a defacto "**** off" sign that said must have 2 years experience in order to attend.

God man, it's tough out here. I've applied to nearly twenty jobs in the past two weeks and have been waiting ever since.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Artesia, NM.
    Check into it.
    Ain't much of a place to be but no shortage of work.

gwb8568

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    S. Austin
    Artesia, NM.
    Check into it.
    Ain't much of a place to be but no shortage of work.
    Grew up in SE New Mexico for 30+ years........along with Artesia mentioned above, Hobbs (my hometown), Carlsbad, Lovington, Eunice, etc. all in SE New Mexico. In far West Texas, right across the sateline.....Midland/Odessa, Andrews, Pecos, Big Springs, Snyder, Kermit, Goldsmith, Rankin, etc. That whole area/zone is called the "Permian Basin", if you/anybody wants to do some online searching beforehand.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yep, busy as a cat covering shit out here. I'll be headed toward Seminole next then Lamesa. Oil is king for now. I just ain't seen anything busy as the area east of Artesia. Couple of years they'll be west of town, according to permit maps.

Top Bottom