• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Any of yall know of any entry level positions on fracking sights? Id prefer to work in Tx/La, but money talks. I knwo they are doing a lot of it around mygrandparents but I dont know what Company it is.
    Hurley's Gold

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Whats the pay like starting out? what kind of hours do you work? My buddy told me I need to get into it, but didnt really have tiem to tell me much about it.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Appreciate it. My buddy works on a stubbing rig(believe he said that) but he seemed to know a decent amount about fracturing. He told me to look into it. I'm supposed to have a sit down with him sometime this week so I can pump him for info.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I know there's one with sites aall up and down my grandparents road in Lovelady. Would be cool if I could get on with them.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I'd be interested to know what companies are hiring as well where they actually communicate with workers. Frac-Tech isn't hiring at the moment. They're one of the ones I actually got a straight answer out of. I recently came from the Three Rivers/Eagleford area and had a very hard time getting straight answers from people. Don't mean to be a killjoy but I'd talk to people on average around the area and it was always "Yeah man, EVERYONE's HIRING!" I'd say ok cool. I'd walk into the offices and it was one of two things:

1. They'd tell me to apply online. Ok cool, so be it. I'd go and apply and I'd never hear anything from them after that. I'd call them up and ask for an update on the status of my application/resume and all they'd tell me is someone would eventually see it and contact me. Never heard from anyone. This was over a month ago. Chesapeake was one of these companies.

2. The office people would tell me they're not hiring at the minute or that experience was required despite being told differently by some of their workers.

I think you're going to need to know someone personally who has pull with their HR. I think almost all of the HR people with these companies are just really paid to drink coffee and gossip all day. Sorry to be all doom and gloom. Been looking for entry-level work for about nine months now in the oil industry.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Lay off the phone calls. Sounds like you are pushing too hard. as someone who makes hiring decisions, when someone becomes a pest, they go to the bottom of the pile. They are having job fairs regularly in Floresville. I think they had one yesterday. They hire tons of folks on the spot. Keep an eye out for them. Also consider looking at some smaller mom and pop outfits.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'd be interested to know what companies are hiring as well where they actually communicate with workers. Frac-Tech isn't hiring at the moment. They're one of the ones I actually got a straight answer out of. I recently came from the Three Rivers/Eagleford area and had a very hard time getting straight answers from people. Don't mean to be a killjoy but I'd talk to people on average around the area and it was always "Yeah man, EVERYONE's HIRING!" I'd say ok cool. I'd walk into the offices and it was one of two things:

1. They'd tell me to apply online. Ok cool, so be it. I'd go and apply and I'd never hear anything from them after that. I'd call them up and ask for an update on the status of my application/resume and all they'd tell me is someone would eventually see it and contact me. Never heard from anyone. This was over a month ago. Chesapeake was one of these companies.

2. The office people would tell me they're not hiring at the minute or that experience was required despite being told differently by some of their workers.

I think you're going to need to know someone personally who has pull with their HR. I think almost all of the HR people with these companies are just really paid to drink coffee and gossip all day. Sorry to be all doom and gloom. Been looking for entry-level work for about nine months now in the oil industry.

Before you badmouth them, realize that you're not the only one trying to get in. It's not like the word hasn't been out for over a year that things are going crazy...these companies are getting bombarded every day by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that wants in on the action.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Get a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. They'll hire you quick.
    All those frac trucks have to have drivers.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    talking to guys with CDLs I know they all say what ever you do DONT get a CDL unless you have to. they keep tellig me its not worth the trouble. We will see though.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    TXSUT I under standstand that, which I is whyI plan on going back to a certain company next week in person to deliver my application in the San Antonio vicinity(err well around there anyhow ;)) I'm hard hard worker who's been unemployed for almost nine months. I'm drug free with not even so much as a parking ticket and I'm getting somewhat desperate for work. Again, I understand everyone's trying to get in on it, but with a college degree, I know there's other places I could go. I've never been much of a political person and I'm a very hands-on type of guy which is why I know I'd be good in the oil fields.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Get a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. They'll hire you quick.
    All those frac trucks have to have drivers.
    i all but had a job doing entry level fracing with pioneer in victoria, it was just pending the out come of a DOT physical. which i was denied. but pioneer reqiures all of the frac guys to have cdl's.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Do oil companies who are looking for entry-level people usually look for people who already live there or are they willing to accept people who are willing to relocate on their own dime?

gwb8568

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    S. Austin
    TXSUT I under standstand that, which I is whyI plan on going back to a certain company next week in person to deliver my application in the San Antonio vicinity(err well around there anyhow ;)) I'm hard hard worker who's been unemployed for almost nine months. I'm drug free with not even so much as a parking ticket and I'm getting somewhat desperate for work. Again, I understand everyone's trying to get in on it, but with a college degree, I know there's other places I could go. I've never been much of a political person and I'm a very hands-on type of guy which is why I know I'd be good in the oil fields.
    Yeah, the EagleFord is booming, companies from all over TX, NM & LA are here. From Eagle Pass all the way up to College Station, there is a lot of territory that is being covered and is expected to last for the next 7-10 years supposedly. One thing to do as a new/green hand in the oilfield is to start with something that is pretty basic and ground level to help you understand exactly what goes on with a hole drilled in the ground and the following process of production. One of the best (and easiest) jobs to start with is a flowback hand. 12 hour work shifts, usually anywhere from 20-30 days on and 7-10 off (fluctuates on company and/or personal preference). Very laid back, very boring with plenty of time to kill each day/night......but it gets you familiar with how a well works and gets you paid pretty damn good until you gain knowledge and want to move up the line. If averaging $3-4K every two weeks will work for you, then look into a flowback position. Anything to get your foot in the door is always the best start. Just my $.03, good luck.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    4K every two weeks is a goldmine to me LOL. I don't have any ties here so my money is pretty much my own to spend. Last job I had I was pulling 1.8k every two weeks. Thanks for the info.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Thanks man I appreciate it. I going to look into flowback too. Both sound like a good starting point!

Top Bottom