• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I've heard there's work being done on this idea, what do you think.

With a couple of days extra training, and annual retraining, The State of Texas should offer an enhanced LTC that allows the holder to carry concealed, anywhere, regardless of signage, except in a courthouse. You'd be able to carry in a school, a store with a 30.06 sign, an establishment with a 51% sign, a gun free zone, etc.

I think it would make sense, the extra training would be good for the economy and Instructors, and LGS, and ranges and it would make us all safer.
    Guns International

BigTexasOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    If the Constitution is a Federal Document, and the right to keep and bear arms is absolute, then why not in Federal Properties, too?
    How is there work being done on that when the legislature is not in session?
    Apparently some legislators are writing and tuning and drumming up support from other member of the house in order to bring it up in the next session

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If the Constitution is a Federal Document, and the right to keep and bear arms is absolute, then why not in Federal Properties, too?

Apparently some legislators are writing and tuning and drumming up support from other member of the house in order to bring it up in the next session
    Well, I am friends with a lobbyist (who lobbies solely on 2A issues) and talk to him frequently , he has mentioned nothing to this effect. Could be he is completely out of the loop, but somehow I doubt it.

And a big no on enhanced( see extra infringement) LTC unless you make the shooting portion so difficult only someone who trains and practices 2x a week would have a chance of passing it.

BigTexasOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Well, I am friends with a lobbyist (who lobbies solely on 2A issues) and talk to him frequently , he has mentioned nothing to this effect. Could be he is completely out of the loop, but somehow I doubt it.

And a big no on enhanced( see extra infringement) LTC unless you make the shooting portion so difficult only someone who trains and practices 2x a week would have a chance of passing it.
    So, if the training is sufficient, you're a supporter? Define sufficient training.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    ...you make the shooting portion so difficult only someone who trains and practices 2x a week would have a chance of passing it.

Like this?

tenor.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, if the training is sufficient, you're a supporter? Define sufficient training.
    Timed reloads, accurate support hand shooting( support hand reloads) multiple target while moving, shoot/don’t shoot, shooting from non conventional positions( both dominant hand and support hand) shooting from cover etc.

One miss and you automatically fail.

But in reality, no. I believe in private property rights. If someone posts signs I will respect their signs and spend elsewhere.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Timed reloads, accurate support hand shooting( support hand reloads) multiple target while moving, shoot/don’t shoot, shooting from non conventional positions( both dominant hand and support hand) shooting from cover etc.

One miss and you automatically fail.

But in reality, no. I believe in private property rights. If someone posts signs I will respect their signs and spend elsewhere.

That's stricter than Leo's go through.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Here’s what I think. Repeal 30.6/.07; constitutional carry, LTC if you want reciprocity.

Only prohibited places are federal profited places.
    Honestly, I'd do away with the fed nonsense too. By letter of the law everyone is committing a felony by stopping at a post office with a gun anywhere within the boundaries of the property.

I personally believe the least restrictive law should apply in the case of two governing jurisdictions. I know the fed likes to draw lines and 'claim' federal property, but it's within the boundaries of the state of Texas. Texas citizens in my opinion should have the reasonable expectation to proceed onto the premises under Texas laws. The only exception I'm comfortable with is D.C. property granted to foreign embassies.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Here's an idea for compromise: they want universal background checks. Alright then! A federal LTC that let's me carry guns in every state and into every building and lets me buy guns in every state in person and online, shipped to me, with the same background check etc as required for a TX LTC. This FLTC serves as proof of having passed and continue to pass said background check.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Here's an idea for compromise: they want universal background checks. Alright then! A federal LTC that let's me carry guns in every state and into every building and lets me buy guns in every state in person and online, shipped to me, with the same background check etc as required for a TX LTC. This FLTC serves as proof of having passed and continue to pass said background check.
    I like this idea

Top Bottom