• single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    FYI, I received an email from Brownells. In it:

“Brownells Classification Now & Going Forward

First and foremost, I want you to know that Brownells has long been classified as a “sporting goods retailer” by credit card companies. After conversation with our banking partners, we have confirmed that we will continue to be classified as a SPORTING GOODS RETAILER.

To be clear, we WILL NOT be changing to the new MCC dedicated to firearm and ammunition retailers. This is mainly due to the types of products we predominately sell.”

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1670532379385.png

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Tracking merchant info is one thing. Say, grocery, clothing, auto parts or medical supply. Even indoor/outdoor sporting goods. Could be buying fishing or camping gear for all anyone knows.
    But be it groceries, clothes of guns/ammo, NOBODY needs to know exactly what or how many of what specific lawfully purchased items I am buying. There is ZERO reason for that.

One reason given for doing it is to keep prohibited persons from purchasin guns and ammo on the sly. Hmmmm, how would they know a person is prohibited??? They would have to share every purchase with LE. Info LE currently has to have a warrant to get for themselves. And the vast majority of career criminals don't use a Mastercard at the local gun store to buy a weapon for the weekend heist to begin with.
    So....yup....guess who they are tracking. Us. The folks they CAN'T get a warrant for because there is no crime committed.
    There needs to be a law forbidding anyone tracking purchasing specific items of any kind in every State.
    Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    (SIAP)

OKLAHOMA, TEXAS, WEST VIRGINIA​

Bills in these states have similar language including that financial institutions may not decline "lawful payment card transactions" based on the assignment of a firearms code, and may not charge merchants higher transaction or interchange fees based on the codes. West Virginia's bill was passed by the state House of Delegates on Feb. 3 and awaits further action in the state Senate. Oklahoma's bill was introduced on Jan. 18. The Texas bill was introduced on Feb. 24.

Top Bottom