• ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I hope it works as well as the MMRP signed by our President in 1994. The primary goal was to track insurance settlements made to people eligible for Medicare or Medicaid. Insurers were required to report settlements over $500.00, to CMS through a new agency ( BCRC) set up just for these purposes. Thier system crated about a month after the first start date. All inputs resulted in a critical error message on our end. The insurers were set up with interfaces to upload the data. The volume was underestimated and the whole damn thing crashed. CMS soon changed the upload to settlements over $100,000. to throttle it back. It crashed several more times due to the amount of data they wanted included. In 2018 they got it working, sort of. It worked for workers comp and PIP settlements but for 3rd party tort claims the volume was still more than they could handle. I retired before they got the bugs worked out. It will be interesting to see if this goes down the same path.
    Hurley's Gold

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Hey that's great. So if I buy something from Bud's they don't specifically know that it was a gun. Maybe I was just buying an $800 hat...
    sex-emoticons.gif

They're still tracking the merchant type.

That same info is available right now with your order at Bud's with current codes, no?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That same info is available right now with your order at Bud's with current codes, no?
    They could currently single out firearm merchants by name. I have no idea what MCC Bud's would currently fall under, but it would probably have other non-firearm merchants in the same category. Maybe Sporting Goods Stores? You can see the current MCC list here: https://www.citibank.com/tts/solutions/commercial-cards/assets/docs/govt/Merchant-Category-Codes.pdf

Making an MCC specifically for firearm merchants just makes it easier for the bots scraping the database.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    They could currently single out firearm merchants by name. I have no idea what MCC Bud's would currently fall under, but it would probably have other non-firearm merchants in the same category. Maybe Sporting Goods Stores? You can see the current MCC list here: https://www.citibank.com/tts/solutions/commercial-cards/assets/docs/govt/Merchant-Category-Codes.pdf

Making an MCC specifically for firearm merchants just makes it easier for the bots scraping the database.
    In B2C transaction The items purchased are not sent through the network. The amount ,merchant identifier ,and the card info are all that is sent.

Sam75022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    texas
    If you don't mind getting used guns when you're buying new. Bud's has a reputation of doing that and they did it to me.
    So true at least from real life experience. In 2016, I bought from what I believed was new 18 inch stag arms 3G AR from Buds. When I got it from FFL, the chamber, bolt, and muzzle had caked on carbon that looks like years of shooting and not cleaning. When I called Buds they said its customary for mfg to shoot handful for safety and functional purposes.

When i emailed the pictures that any sensible gun owners would know that its not factory shot for safety reasons, they pretty much told me to grab my ankles and clench my teeth...

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    I rarely use Visa and don’t have Amex.
    Discover listed sporting clays venue as “leisure/entertainment”,
    Midway and Ballistic Products purchases as “merchandise“.
    Maybe Discover isn’t in bed with the other two.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    "Florida Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis issued a statement effectively telling these companies that should they begin interfering in any way with the people’s 2nd Amendment rights, including putting them on a watchlist, then Florida will begin kicking them right in the wallet."

Top Bottom