Join TexasGunTalk

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by HKShooter65, Jul 12, 2019.

1. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Munro had somewhat nicer things to say about the Model S, with most of the praise going to the electronics and drivetrain.

They definitely have a long way to go...we’ll see how they fare when they have newfound competition from carmakers like Porsche, who actually know how to build cars for a profit (and have industry-leading margins).

I’ve recently driven a loaded Model 3 around our building a few times...I’d love to have one LOL

Edit:
    Model 3
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Last night I picked up a copy of Motor Trend. A magazine that Tesla fans insist is anti-Tesla because Tesla doesn't advertise in the magazine. In an article titled "Head of the Class" where they compared the BMW 330i, the Genesis G70 and the Tesla 3, Tesla won.

Some of the comments are "a revolutionary driving experience", " a clean a tidy design that makes it look elegant". Of course they raved about the accelaration, "proving it wasn't a one-trick pony, it bested the BMW on our figure-eight loop despite wearing all-season tires."

They list the range of this model at 310 miles.

3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Well who else do you think would develop the F117 or F22???? Walmart?? :roflsmile:

That leap of logic is simply hilarious.

Most of the "technology" in a weapons system is 10-15 years old when the system is put into production. Takes that long for DOD to move from concept to final design. Perhaps someone needs to understand the difference in the technology in a system and the system itself.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Whatever. You have no argument but to laugh, ok. The fact is taxpayer funded it. Tech isn't old just because it takes a while to develop it.

You are being contradictory

5. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think you're both right, depending on how you look at the question.

Big Green and toddnjoyce like this.
  6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    You quote the exception to try and prove the rule.

Armed forces weaponry (aside from personal weapons) development will ALWAYS be funded by taxpayers. The only market for an AMRAAM is the government. Why would private industry EVER spend its own funds to develop an air to air missile?

I was involved in the development of what later became the current advanced Sidewinder. We were using "technology" (e.g., alloys, materials, control systems) that had been in use for private industry for decades. The manufacturing processes used were old.

No sound reason exists for taxpayers to fund wind turbines or solar panels. This was the point someone accurately made much earlier in this thread, which you disputed.

Let the market drive the use of renewables. If the renewable generation technology cannot stand on its own two feet without taxpayer subsidies, it should not be deployed.

Big Green likes this.
  7. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
  8. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
  9. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    One of the reasons I have absolutely no respect for Musk. He works his people like dogs.

Sam7sf likes this.
  10. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Teslarati fanbois can be idiots...Tesla has an advertising/marketing budget of $0.
    This is public knowledge, and quite noteworthy.

They don’t do any advertising or marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro