ARJ Defense ad

El Paso based TGT shoot days, LET'S DO IT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    As much as I want to come and visit my dad along the process I have to bail as well as my daughter has some important shotgun practices for her upcoming tournaments next month.
    ARJ Defense ad

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Well, I am still in...
    I never turn down an excellent local shoot amongst those that like to shoot.

I am open to going anywhere in EP County.
    My personal spot is off Pellicano and Nayarit:

1.jpg
    2.jpg

My spot will work if we get there early. Usually Sunday mornings and early afternoon there aren't too many people out there, and we are miles away from the closest home/business or major road.

I would like to try your spot by the mountain though.

LEP

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2015
    El Paso
    I'm open to anywhere, but as an El Pasoan, I've never gone to a Taco Bell.
    Note: I'll have some spare/unwanted loading stuff with me (powder mainly) if any one wants to trade.

Last edited:

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    So far everything is looking good to go. What time are we looking at? Taco Bell? Yikes that’s asking for trouble considering there are no facilities in the boonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey fellas,

Please excuse my severe drop in communication. I've been taking care of 5 sick kids and a wife, on my free time, and as my luck would have it, I need your guys' opinions.

Ok, so the little ones are fine, probably a cold, but the 18 year old, who still lives with us, had to go to the ER and was diagnosed with, GET THIS, SWINE AND COVID. So she's been segregated in her room for the past two days.

Now, I'm totally fine and don't think I'll be sick but I'll leave it to you three to tell me how comfortable you would be if I still went. I can, and want to, but not if you guys would rather I don't.

So we can do one of three outcomes, each including me taking a rapid covid test, on range day.

1. You three go without me and we set another date that I can go too.
    2. We completely post pone this until the 2 weeks quarantine time is up.
    3. Given I test negative for covid, we go on with everything as planned.

You fellas let me know and I'll be on board with whatever yall think is best.

Ok and as far as time, since Ozzman's cap is 3PM, I say LEP and kirk, you two make the decision within his window, because I can go at any time on that day. Also, since the other two fellas had to back out, it can be any other day.

For food... Give me some ideas and we'll pick a spot to meet up, eat, and shoot the shit, and then go have a good time.

Hopefully it's still on, and even if it has to be postponed, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and having a good time. You three, please text me your numbers so we can have a text chat open now that it's pretty much a sure thing that it's just us. That way we can play it closer to the chest as the day draws nearer.

God bless you all and hope all is well with you and yours.

LEP

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2015
    El Paso
    Any time for me is good, however, I can't risk picking up any illness that could be passed to my wife (I won't discuss why in an open forum, tho).
    In addition, my truck has to go into the shop & can't guarantee it will be repaired in time.
    That being said, a short delay of another week or so would be OK.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Hey all. I vote we postpone for another day. I am also around folks that are susceptible to anything stronger than dust and I’d rather not put them at risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    We can do it in August too but I'd like to do it sooner, so I say late mid to late June everything the same. I have a killer tooth infection right now all of a sudden anyway. So yea, you original 3 Ozz, Kirk, LEP, wanna do 3 weeks? My daughter is still in quarantine but she's already back to her old self btw.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I’m in town and would attend a TGT shoot.

Where do y’all normally meet up at?
    Hey how long are you in town? I'm up for it. We haven't met up yet, but I usually go to the Anthony gap, two spots that I've never seen anyone at, while there.

To those of you who were going to go, originally, I am in the clear with covid and ready to do it when yall want. Seeing as though this fellow is in town, let's try and set a day soon. I'll check back in.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I'm up for a meet. Maybe alternate West side vs. East.

I don't mind east, but I'm not shooting in the west. Too many idiots out there. Even in the east there tend to be some, which is why I shoot at the gap. Nobody is at my spots so I get it to myself and whom ever is with me.

I’m in town until June/July of next year.

Is the Anthony gap the area that Hwy 404/Ohara rd goes through?

Yes, exactly. I have two spots. The first one is closer to the west side of the gap, is on the north side of the road, and is not a spot people go to shoot. It's pretty secret and very clean because of that. The second spot is close to the east of the gap and is on the south side of it. People do go there but I have yet to shoot there when people were present. I don't much like that spot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom