• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Should include but not limited to background checks for ghost guns and whatever else remains of his mind to do.

While I believe he’d be all over gun control edicts, I simply don’t believe that he is calling any shots from the Oval Office. He’s a sad puppet who has unseen strings and a long vertical pole.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    This isn't about doing anything that actually saves lives- it's purely leftist political agenda.

Will be interesting what kind of Bovine Scatology they draft- likely will be 100% unenforceable... I built my ghost guns well before they dreamt of any requirement for me to do a background check (besides the fact that I did pass Several before and after building them...)

I Wonder if they'll even consider firearms that were manufactured before any requirement for Serial Numbers?

not to mention the tragic boating accidents...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'd like to see Presidential Executive Orders challenged in court. They overstep the bounds of Liberty. SCOTUS desperately needs to take a stand on the limits of Presidential EOs.

With how the SCOTUS handled, or didn't actually, the election tampering and voter fraud in the presidential election last year, I'm not sure I'd put a lot of trust into them playing so fair with our gun laws.

That is entirely my personal opinion and thoughts.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The ability of the control measures included in any Executive Orders to withstand judicial scrutiny is less important to the Democrats than the crowing and media worship that will come forth with the announcement of the first gun control order and the claim that it will dramatically reduce gun violence. Of course, there will be no mention that the liberal use of the term “ mass shooting” doesn’t even amount to 5% of the shooting deaths in the U. S. most of which are committed by previously convicted criminals in the major Democratic cities. It’s all about optics; real gun control measures will require legislative action which is a much more arduous task and one that cannot be done behind closed doors like the EO’s.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    What exactly does that mean by a ban on concealed assault weapons? Will it be illegal to conceal one? Can he just ban AR and AK pistols with an executive order? Or will direct his new head of ATF to redefine AR pistols as SBRs?

My guess is, tomorrow he will issue EOs for 80% "ghost guns" and maybe universal background checks. Or possibly ban importation of assault weapons.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    What exactly does that mean by a ban on concealed assault weapons? Will it be illegal to conceal one? Can he just ban AR and AK pistols with an executive order? Or will direct his new head of ATF to redefine AR pistols as SBRs?

My guess is, tomorrow he will issue EOs for 80% "ghost guns"

Day after tomorrow: 79% receivers appear as if by PFM

Or possibly ban importation of assault weapons.

President George H.W. Bush banned all imports of semi automatic rifles in March 1989, and made the ban permanent in July 1989.

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    I remember my father bought an AK-47 before the ban went into place. They still use grandfather laws for things like that. But I do remember he had to wait 7-days. Again, this was more than 30 years ago, so the checks took longer for authorized purchases. The waiting period doesnt make as much sense now because of technology and being able to get information in minutes or hours.
    With that being said. I had to wait weeks for my LTC background check because my name and SS# are similar to another person. The NCIS check doesnt confirm that, but I have friends and family in law enforcement and they all pretty much said the same thing. That similar names or SS#'s are typically the most common reason for delays, but rarely for denials.

I think the "ghost gun" is what this order is more geared towards. And its very common in California because the parts and builds are easily obtainable, whether by shipment or by making a few hour drive to Nevada or Arizona.
    I dont know much about these types of guns or things like the 3D print stocks, because I would rather just get my shit legally and not have to worry about a plastic gun melting or breaking. 3D guns or "ghost guns" dont seem to be feasible options for long term use anyways.

Top Bottom