• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    ‘81 @ Myriad in OKC. The place was fucking on fire!! Sold out and out of control. Eddie did not disappoint. Easily one of the greatest to ever play guitar. I’ve probably owned at one point every album, cassette, and CD they produced.

Hot for Teacher is one of the best video ever made.

IMG_6581.JPG

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Only saw them once, in ‘88 at the Monsters of Rock and it was the first tour with Sammy.

I wish I’d seen them with Dave. I know some folks who saw them playing backyard high school parties when they were just starting out. That would’ve been epic...

a41fa43241524a08730d6d6d2db364a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I saw them at a day on the green in the early 80s and again in SF with Eddie’s son playing bass. Both shows were fronted by Diamond Dave. Both performances were astoundingly good.

Wish I could’ve seen them (even once) with Sammy Hagar, too.

Rock in Peace Eddie Van Halen

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Only saw them once, in ‘88 at the Monsters of Rock and it was the first tour with Sammy.

I wish I’d seen them with Dave. I know some folks who saw them playing backyard high school parties when they were just starting out. That would’ve been epic...

a41fa43241524a08730d6d6d2db364a7.jpg

I only saw them once, too. 1982 at the Forum in Los Angeles. To this day, I have never seen so great a concentration of unbelievably hot women in one place. Imagine 100 Victoria's Secret shows happening all at once in one location. Should I live to be 1000 years old I will never forget that concert.

As for Dave live....Dave's singing was not very good live, at least not that show, and Dave's reputation seems to bear out that I wasn't the only person who felt that way. He was a great frontman, probably wetted more panties than any human that ever lived, and I'm told he often brought the entire band up to a higher level with his charisma and athleticism (although that wasn't the case at the show I saw -- the band was exhausted, including Dave).

Top Bottom