DK Firearms

EDC items, how do you do you carry it all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    OK, I have read through a lot of the posts on the forum, on what people bring with them for every day carry. Short of bringing a backpack or briefcase with you, how do you carry all the stuff?
    In reading the following items I think more or less hit everybody’s list:

Handgun
    Spare magazine or speed loaders
    Holster
    Knife or leatherman type tool (or both)
    Wallet
    Keys
    Phone (these keep getting bigger)

(for me it is a G27/spare mag/leatherman original/crkt m16 folder/steamlight “aaa” battery flashlight/wallet/iPhone/car key with fob)

some carry the following, in addition or instead of the above:

2nd handgun
    2nd spare magazine
    Flash light or tactical flashlight
    Bigger leatherman type tool
    Pens and notepad
    Lightweight armor
    Chemical sprays
    Etc

some articles even recommend having a pocket trauma kit with you . . .

Do you wear it all in your belt and in your pockets?
    Do you carry the spare magazines or speed loaders in your pockets or in a magazine pouch on your belt?
    I assume everyone has given up on trying to tuck in their shirt with every day carry. Is this correct?

This is one of the reasons I use a shoulder holster system as it takes care of the spare magazine and tactical flashlight issue for me, but definitely have to wear oversized shirts with patterns to hide it. I am not arguing for shoulder holsters, it’s just what works for me right now.

How do you guys do it?
    Is there a particular brand or style of pants you prefer for this?
    Particular brand of shirt for some of this?
    Do you wear a vest? (Clothing, not tactical)
    Suit jacket?
    Nap sack?
    Batman style utility belt?
    Fanny pack? (Very useful, but I just can’t stand the ridicule :cool:)
    Do you just hang it all off your belt and cover with shirt?

thanks
    Thescoutranch
    Venture Surplus ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Wallet in front left pocket
    Folding knife & Olight Baton2 flashlight in front right pocket
    Appendix carry CZ P07 with O light mini Valkerie in a Tuckers Leather kydex holster
    Spare mag on the right side of belt.
    Phone in my back pocket

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Handgun (Sig P365) goes in a Cytac active retention Holster angled for cross draw at my 11 o'clock on a Daltec Force SuperBio belt with the buckle at my 10 o'clock, back from the holster.

Spare magazine is on my belt at 1 o'clock in a horizontal nylon knife pouch with velcro flap closure that opens to my left. If there is a 2nd spare mag, it is in the bottom of the left front pocket of my Wrangler Rustler jeans. Shirt is usually a t-shirt in summer, untucked, or tucked with just a flap out front to cover my handgun; in winter, usually a sweat shirt.

Knife has a clip and gets hung in the inside back of my right front pocket. If I carry pepper spray it is POM clipped on the inside back of my left front pocket; if I carry a flashlight, it is a 10400 Li-ion type and goes in the same place.

My Wallet is a very thin leather credit card sized with two inside view windows for license and LTC; in one outside pocket is credit card, in the other a few $100 bills (seldom used) and is in my shirt pocket.

Keys go in the bottom of my right front jeans pocket.

Phone is easy, a Samsung Galaxy S9+, it's usually in my hand..., when not in hand, it is in my left back jeans pocket, or on my truck console wireless charger.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Gun, extra mag(depends on where and what I'm doing, and if not, in the car) & phone on belt. Wallet in one pocket and folding knife in another. I often carry much more in the car, but I don't often need to carry them with me everywhere.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I usually put the handgun in the holster. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Haven't bought a mag carrier so I don’t usually carry an extra mag. The few times I have it was in front pocket. Knife clipped to let front. Phone in left rear. Light clipped to right front. Keys right front. Gun owb.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I look at a flashlight as a great tool, but don’t generally carry one all the time; the flashlight function on my phone suffices for my basic need of a flashlight.

When I’m flying at night, I’m required to have a flashlight. I wear a headlamp in the plane, have a usb chargeable flashlight and a Gerber Recon flashlight in my flight bag. There is also a multi-tool in that bag.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    This has always been an issue for me. I really hate carrying anything. P365 (use to be a P938) in a pocket holster, spyderco delica (very light weight) in the opposite pocket. I only have one vehicle now and it has a minimalist key fob thing so that is light weight as opposed to my old truck keys which had a load of keys and whatnot on them. I have always had a check size wallet since I am really good at losing them but I am going to slim that down as well. I am thinking about moving exclusively to those button down microfiber shirts and if thats the case, the gun is going to move to an owb holster underneath.

I only carry a phone if I have too. I hate technology almost as much as I hate carrying a bunch of shit in my pockets so I am absolutely thrilled when I go days without remembering where I put my cell phone down.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    C54283F3-15CB-4ED7-9362-EC71C52B35CD.jpeg
    Gun, knife , multi tool, keys and spare mags. It’s not that difficult

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    On my belt: .45 OWB holster right side, spare mag in belt clip left side, phone holster left side (Moonshine Leather Company makes the best one)
    In my pockets: Super Leatherman left front pocket, keys and folding knife right front pocket, wallet right hip pocket, flashlight left rear pocket

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Pistol on right hip, or appendix depending on the day and weapon, microtech ultratech clipped to right front pocket, along with beard comb, challenge coin, and a United Cutlery ballpoint pen, my left pocket has a DIY kydex minimalist wallet, leatherman signal on my left hip, and spare mags go in my left rear pocket along with my phone keys when I use em go in my back pocket or I'll just carry em like a knuckle duster.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I tend to carry a lot in my pockets....keys, multitools, pen, wallet, money clip, etc. I've found that the Uncle Mike/Blackhawk pocket holsters make for great pocket organizers....especially for items that can wear a hole in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I tend to carry a lot in my pockets....keys, multitools, pen, wallet, money clip, etc. I've found that the Uncle Mike/Blackhawk pocket holsters make for great pocket organizers....especially for items that can wear a hole in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I, on the other hand due to comfort, hate to carry anything in my front pockets. Of course I will carry my keys there, because I would rather not lose them, but I hate even carrying change. Hence I have change in my car and jars of it in the house.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Keys, left front pocket, change, right front. Wallet, left rear, comb and handkerchief right rear. Phone and Leatherman, left side on belt clips, about 8:30/9:00. IWB holster at 3:30. Spare mags stay in the truck, usually carry a Security Nine with 16 rounds, don't plan on needing a spare mag for that. Even my 8 round carry guns are comfortable enough capacity for me.

Top Bottom