• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I added a small fixed blade to my carry setup last week. I snagged a CRKT Minimalist Bowie from Academy. I later found the same damn knife for $7 cheaper at Wal Mart over in The Woodlands ($27.99 at Academy, $20.99 at Wallys)

77RRKdh.jpg

It's got a 2.25" blade, over all length just over 5 inches.

ay3cMHw.jpg

GhxRZen.jpg

The sheath it came with was pretty trash, so I made two new sheathes for it.

K59KkBN.jpg

AivuJI5.jpg

I saw Icy Mike's (Hard2Hurt on YouTube) video about the Skallywag Tactical MDV knife - with its interesting sheath designs, one of which didn't use any straps or clips to attach. It's literally a hook on the end of the sheath, with a rubber band to add friction. I decided to give that style a try - and it works very well so far. I'm able to carry the little CRKT behind my belt very comfortably, and it just stays in place while I'm walking, working, or seated.

So far I've tried it out with jeans, 5.11 Tac Lite Pro pants, and a pair of shorts (I forget the brand, I've had 'em forever, they're typical dad-shorts, green cargo shorts with decent belt loops)

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Don't cut your belt loop....
    The blade doesn't come near the belt loop - the mouth of the sheath is about 1/2" beyond the belt loop. With a downward draw the sheath stays in place, and reinsertion is fairly easy, though I do look and feel with my off hand, or remove the sheath and then reset it after a draw.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I skinned out an entire black bear in Canada with my Bradford Guardian. Guide was impressed; we didn’t need a steel to touch up the edge. Bohler steel is no joke.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I added a small fixed blade to my carry setup last week. I snagged a CRKT Minimalist Bowie from Academy. I later found the same damn knife for $7 cheaper at Wal Mart over in The Woodlands ($27.99 at Academy, $20.99 at Wallys)

77RRKdh.jpg

It's got a 2.25" blade, over all length just over 5 inches.

ay3cMHw.jpg

GhxRZen.jpg

The sheath it came with was pretty trash, so I made two new sheathes for it.

K59KkBN.jpg

AivuJI5.jpg

I saw Icy Mike's (Hard2Hurt on YouTube) video about the Skallywag Tactical MDV knife - with its interesting sheath designs, one of which didn't use any straps or clips to attach. It's literally a hook on the end of the sheath, with a rubber band to add friction. I decided to give that style a try - and it works very well so far. I'm able to carry the little CRKT behind my belt very comfortably, and it just stays in place while I'm walking, working, or seated.

So far I've tried it out with jeans, 5.11 Tac Lite Pro pants, and a pair of shorts (I forget the brand, I've had 'em forever, they're typical dad-shorts, green cargo shorts with decent belt loops)
    I like that sheath! Good job.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I wore dress pants, shirts, ties, jackets/suits daily for 30 plus years. Hated every minute of it but the money was good. I was corporate. You would never guess it by seeing me today. I wear Wrangler cargo shorts in the summer, and Wrangler cargo plants in the winter.

Ask Dwight Yoakam sings, "Things change..."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One of the areas I'm exploring for my knifemaking, are EDC fixed blade knives. I wasn't for sure if there would be enough interest to even consider making them. But there does seem to be some.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    One of the areas I'm exploring for my knifemaking, are EDC fixed blade knives. I wasn't for sure if there would be enough interest to even consider making them. But there does seem to be some.

Lots of guys carrying a defensive fixed blade - and a good number of them are $150-500 knives. A handle that gives good purchase without being too thick or too large, a blade no more than 2.5 inches and preferably edged on both sides,

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Lots of guys carrying a defensive fixed blade - and a good number of them are $150-500 knives. A handle that gives good purchase without being too thick or too large, a blade no more than 2.5 inches and preferably edged on both sides,
    I was looking at making blade lengths from about 2" to about 3.5". Trying to keep the OAL from tip to tang under 6".

Top Bottom