• ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Not all, just the ignorant.

This is the case. I think I spent about an hour total researching these 10 props and I went in to my poll with a small note as to vote based on that. Many are just too lazy to do that. I had decided to vote against 4 of the 10. Hell I can’t even remember what all 10 were about? (Hence I needed notes) It’s sad really that many don’t care enough to get informed.

And then there’s the free shit Army......

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    The problem with the one about sports sales tax is the 'historical' people get some money too, to be spent foolishly (aka, Alamo).
    The Federal Reserve has been buying bonds in an effort to make sure there's enough liquidity in the system. Germany is 'repatriating gold'.

Several interesting issues here, Fed is 'lending' to Fed banks, who (maybe) lending to non-fed banks at higher interest (and keeping the difference), while Fed keeps treasuries (on 'loan') that are deflated. Big bank profits. Gold traders want to NOT pay taxes on what they 'hold' in the 'new' Texas repository. Basically, Texas Gov. is trying to get voter approval for more shenanigans. Watch your wallet!!

I don't consider upkeep and restoration of the Alamo money spent foolishly. You must be a furriner to not understand the significance of the Alamo.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    A renter , as opposed to a property owner, can simply move at the end of their lease if the rent goes up higher than they are willing to pay.( due to tax increase or whatever)
    Someone with a mortgage or paid for property does not have that option so easily( sell home, buy new home, bigger moving expenses, etc)

I have always believed that non property owners should have exactly zero voice in votes that have an impact on property taxes.

This is a silly assumption. Property owners have the exact same option as renters. I know cause I did it as do many of my coworkers. Don’t like the schools, sell home and move. Taxes go up, sell
    home and move. Yes, it’s a bit more involved than letting a lease expire and calling a moving company, but you’re still free to move. Only dumbasses who buy well beyond their means and/or accept financing options that screw then are truly stuck. The very type who should not be voting to begin with.

A large % Americans rent homes, apartments, condos whatever. Those people pay taxes cause the property owners pass those costs along to their customers. You want to disenfranchise all those tax payers and expect them to not do something about it?? Not a good assumption to make. Now if you pass a law that makes it illegal for property owners to pass on any taxes to renters then you could have an argument. Imagine rental costs if you took out property taxes, and school taxes from the bill. Austin could actually become affordable.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This is a silly assumption. Property owners have the exact same option as renters. I know cause I did it as do many of my coworkers. Don’t like the schools, sell home and move. Taxes go up, sell
    home and move. Yes, it’s a bit more involved than letting a lease expire and calling a moving company, but you’re still free to move. Only dumbasses who buy well beyond their means and/or accept financing options that screw then are truly stuck. The very type who should not be voting to begin with.

A large % Americans rent homes, apartments, condos whatever. Those people pay taxes cause the property owners pass those costs along to their customers. You want to disenfranchise all those tax payers and expect them to not do something about it?? Not a good assumption to make. Now if you pass a law that makes it illegal for property owners to pass on any taxes to renters then you could have an argument. Imagine rental costs if you took out property taxes, and school taxes from the bill. Austin could actually become affordable.

So much effort just to be wrong.

Top Bottom